Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2 of 2 today-frackers cometh

FRACKERS COMETH

After a description of an invasion by frackers ( companies hydro-fracturing for gas and oil-NOT, let me repeat for all the Frack Fags out there who think this will save us, NOT a new technology but one decades old which was not practiced previously due to its extremely high energy and financial costs ) by a minion, I’m pretty skeert. Their description of the disruption of a former small peaceful town were horrific. I wish I had saved the e-mail, it was that graphic and detailed. There was bumper to bumper, traffic light to traffic light gridlock. Prices went insane. You can fill in the blanks. Now, the idiots flocking to Elko in search of an illusive job that doesn’t exist in the mines have slightly mirrored this process. But the degree of change is small enough I can more or less be content to wait them out, knowing that time will heal all wounds including overpopulation of this burg. Except that now, NOW the fracking asswhores might be moving into town.

*

In the 1920’s or thereabout there was a local fracking operation ( the process back then wasn’t the same- they were looking for the same Fake Oil sludge fracking gets, they just used a less modern extraction technique ) very close to Elko. If I’m not mistaken it is now a historic site of some kind ( I could be wrong, it could just be wrecked machinery. Going by faulty memory of an article read long ago sent by a minion ). And so now some bright young idiot wants to do the same thing all over again. Go east down the highway about a hundred miles to Wells, and turn off the road and you are about where the proposed location is. The thing is, most of the workers would end up here in Elko. And where are the millions of gallons of water going to come from? The aquifer. And I would bet you my last friggin dollar that no matter how much they promise to clean the crap, what would be pumped back down would be polluted as hell. So you have extreme overpopulation, and water not fit to drink.

*

This is not a done deal. The endless meetings are just to tweek the rules and regulations ( more eye candy. For a small kick-back the politicians will lay waste to the whole county if needed ). Our only hope here is that the economy implodes prior to the commencement of operations. In the meantime, I get to start perusing the E-Bay land sales again and look for another back-up location plan. Happy friggin joy! I really have no desire to relocate. The cost would be staggering, the PITA factor worse. But, better to plan for it now than be stuck here later living in an undesirable situation. I’m not “stuck” here. While the paid for land is great, I don’t look at it as an investment I can’t abandon. Life is full of such things, and I’m used to it. Relationships, homes, jobs. You take your lumps and move on. It was okay when the rest of the country was being screwed by the frackers. But now I’m taking it personally.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*

My books available on thumb drive:



Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

9 comments:

  1. Maybe you could get a high-dollar job for a couple years in the frack fields and then take the money and get out.

    It could all be for naught though, because Drudge linked a story from Epoch Times that says animals are fleeing Yellowstone like crazy, ahead of the super volcano eruption. The map shows you getting about 9 feet of ash in Nevada. Your trailer will instantly become an underground bunker without having to dig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/593833-yellowstone-volcano-eruption-in-2014-some-believe-animals-are-fleeing-park-see-it-as-an-alert/

      Delete
  2. Hauling ass is always an option. Though it is PITA itself. After that crappy Kelo V. New London I knew there would never be a truly safe place in this country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that the city giving the pharma company private land?

      Delete
    2. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/20/seized-property-sits-vacant-nine-years-after-landmark-eminent-domain-case/

      Delete
  3. South Mississippi Lord James. You can squat on an acre. Might have to get you motorized transport for work though. Sorry to hear about the frac drama there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what are acres going for there? And, is it downstream from a levee?

      Delete
  4. I've bought quite a few maps of Elko/Elko county. One is from the .gov department that "does" all that geology stuff. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that Elko isn't viable as a fracking site unless oil goes WAY higher. Like $200 a barrel.

    Might be some quick get in before anyone else type, who's looked at all the fracking places from the past and wants a place at the table.

    I'd be more worried if a biggie oil company tried to move in. This guy is just thowning darts. Plus with the good old boy network, I doubt if this guy could afford the inital bribes.

    When me and the missus split up, I went a bit bonkers worrying about things. No cure. I think married men need some sort of female presence after 15ish years of marrage.

    It's a trap! I tells ya!
    Gil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't think it was a viable area myself. I know I'm going extra paranoid- but that never sweems to have been a problem before.

      Delete