Tuesday, March 11, 2014

rumors

RUMORS

Ah, wars and rumors of wars. All biblical and such. So there I am, with all these guest articles and I say to my self, Self, you handsome bastard, you had better start publishing these so the author doesn’t get all pissy and stop submitting, so I publish the ammo article ( the Russian round ) on Friday, only because that is the oldest one, while about the same time early morning since I’m now thinking about it, go ahead and buy another sardine can because I’ve just noticed that I have a lot of extra money in my checking account ( I can’t figure out why, but I won’t question my luck ). Then, hours later I am notified by loyal minions that there is now the rumor of Russian ammo embargos. So without over-analyzing it which is always a recipe for disaster in times of fast moving events, I quickly order a double sardine can case even though I really have no idea if I have enough extra in my account ( I always have an extra $300 so I know I won’t overdraw- I’m just not sure of the surplus amount ). As further proof that Baby Jesus loves me above all other as if you needed one, the final tally is plus eight dollars left ( of course, I’ll have to add a bit because it wiped out my monthly book budget ).

*

This morning when I come in there is an e-mail link to an article on how the feds are covering up extra Yellowstone emissions which might mean eminent eruption of a ELE nature ( remember ELE? Extinction Level Event. Take note. If the bastard doesn’t blow my next planned novel is going to be titled “Po’ Nellie” which is Peak Oil Near Extinction Level Event. I project strong sales in the single digits ). Now, this wouldn’t surprise me, given the nature of the Yankee Imperialists Occupation Forces. But there are so many rumors floating around, this could very well be mis-information, dis-information or mis-direction. Remember how the majority of militia members in the 90’s were secret agent dudes from the feds? I’d also wager that the majority of breaking news me and you concern ourselves with is one of the three types just mentioned. It is up to you to respond accordingly. Myself, I almost never worry, because except for fine tuning I’m about as prepped as I’m ever going to be. If you prepare yesterday, the future is rarely cause for alarm. The ammo would have been purchased sooner or later, so no harm or foul. The Yellowstone rumor? Well, I’ll go take a look at ski goggles or swimming goggles and buy a few if they are reasonable. I have oodles and gobs of disposable masks, but you do need to keep the ash out of your eyes or you go blind. Again, an item I would have gotten anyway. It isn’t panic buying but moving your timetable around.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*


My books available on thumb drive:






Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

24 comments:

  1. It makes no difference what going on in the world.

    We ALL going to die sooner or later. And of course we are not going to take anything. Specially none of those sardines cans. You're buying too much junk. What you really doing is preparing all those things for the guy that going to replace you.

    Good luck. I'm not going to spend the little money I have for SANCHO (you know who that is) I'm going to live like billionaire in Costa Rica, right next to me a young girl willing to do anything for few bucks. Stupid billionaires are living like sh!t ,just to have a few more dollars and they going to die and all that money will be split between taxes and however will take over. Enjoy the little bit of life you got.

    Old wise man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly white boys down south will not be the new overlords. Local homegrown varieties have home field advantage. So, good luck down there.

      Delete
    2. No foolin', Jim.

      People that think they are going to be King Shit in the underdeveloped places because they're white and got some bucks just crack me up.

      News flash. When the shit hits the fan, you dude, are the minority. You are the nigger. You are the meat that they will eat.

      And they will joke the whole time about the gringo who thought he was hot stuff because he had enough cash to get their young girls to do anything he wanted.

      Guys like that make me want to puke. Karma, not some desperate young girl, will be the bitch right next to you soon enough, hot shot.

      Delete
    3. I love the last two sentances! LOL

      Delete
  2. Why shall I buy anything ?

    If TSHTF a lot of merchandise is going to be floating around.

    All you have to do is: Take names and addresses of survivalist. That's where the spoils of war are going to be.

    You know who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, indeed. Just hope you have enough energy without food to go fight for it.

      Delete
    2. HE IS LIVING NEXT TO YOU.

      AND I AM LIVING ACROSS THE STREET.

      HE IS MY BUDDY.


      Your neighbors.

      Delete
    3. BOY! Aren't you funny, (yeah that's right I SAID BOY!)
      If you are going to counterfeit my name on the comments, DO A BETTER JOB!

      boy as in little, extremely small

      You Know Who
      MM

      Delete
    4. the anacro MM means

      Love

      MM+ mans meat.

      You know who


      NM (not me)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jim.

    If there are rumors (of war, bad economy, tsunami, tornadoes, or anything that you can imagine) why Warren Buffet, is investing heavily in the markets or any other investors doing the same?

    Are you trying to spread fear to the community? That's illegal!.
    Or you just didn't take your meds early this morning.?

    The other you know who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The markets are rigged. You are either an insider or a soon to be broke fool.

      Delete
    2. HE IS AN INSIDER.
      BUT,
      HE'S GOT MOST OF OUR MONEY ALREADY. (in a Swiss bank acct.).

      Too late , He got away with it.
      (it=money)

      Delete
    3. I kinda figured. Otherwise the only explanation is he is going senile.

      Delete
  4. "Well, I’ll go take a look at ski goggles or swimming goggles and buy a few if they are reasonable. I have oodles and gobs of disposable masks, but you do need to keep the ash out of your eyes or you go blind."

    Maybe a gas mask would be a better choice, since you can get one for around $20.00. I'm guessing that breathing that stuff in isn't any better for the lungs than the eyes?

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myself, I couldn't stand being in a gasmask for any length of time. Highly clastraphobic, couldn't get enough air- panic was only averted since I feared the Drill Sarge more. I'll opt for masks and goggles. PS- shop at the Mart for swimming goggles. Online prices are pretty insane. $6 after shipping for cheapest. I've ordered and if any good I'll let everyone know.

      Delete
  5. All this good news in the world. I do feel that if our idiot and chief keeps it up Russia will pull the plug on us and China is silently standing by to give us a double whammy. And I wouldn't have faith in Kerry to negotiate buying a happy meal at McDonalds.

    In regards to you buying Mosin ammo. I know you dislike the Mosin platform but like you have stated, they are the last cheap surplus rifle...although going up in price. Full powered and serviceable.

    Now that you have some ammo, is it just for trade or do you plan on getting a launcher for it?

    Inquiring Minions want to know..

    Great hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen prices as bad as the Enfield. $300!!! I haven't shopped around much, that was just gun show prices. No, its for reloading the Lee exclusively. I can use the bullets and powder and when I've got the bucks I'll get a Berden primer tool to salvage those.

      Delete
    2. Jim, you can get a Mosin-Nagant for about $150.

      Just go get one and stop dickin around trying to re-cycle components.

      When you said " I'll get a Berden primer tool to salvage those" ?? Tell me that you did not mean you are going to try and salvage UNFIRED berdAn primers.????

      You Know Who
      MM

      Delete
    3. We've covered it dozens of times- the Nagant has NO gas bleed safety. And they can't hold a candle to a SMLE. In the end, when all the ammo and components is gone, yes, if I have to resort to getting unfired primer material out of a 54R case, I will.

      Delete
  6. What is your take on picking up items that are really nifty to have around which cannot be made without an industrial base IF your preps are already sorted (i.e you can sleep soundly at night.) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a HUGE list. Right, like metal sewing needles and hell, even clothes pins. I know its been done before-the list. Maybe par it down further?

      Delete
    2. Here's a challenge for you Nicholas.....

      Make a list of these things. Pick which ones you consider to be the 20 most important. Submit that list as a guest article and get comments and additions to your list.

      MM

      Delete
    3. From what I recall the list reads almost like a list of dollar store inventory.

      - Grey

      Delete
    4. I second MM's guest article request

      Delete