Wednesday, March 19, 2014

rated n.a.a.

RATED N.A.A.

It’s too bad that all survivalist writing isn’t required to have a ratings system similar to films ( does anyone else observe that it is rather amusing that in The Land Of The Free with First Amendment protections, our films must be censored and approved? ). Almost all of it would earn the rating NAA. Not Apocalypse Appropriate. Other ratings might include TH ( total horseshiite ) or HUA ( head up ass ). I try to give all my minions, deserving or not, as much background on topics as I know. When you understand back stories you understand topics much better. So let’s review how what we mostly know about survivalism and how it came to be ( I’m not claiming an exhaustive knowledge here and welcome further detail from really really old bastards who were there boots on the ground ).

*

Back in the day, most people still trusted government ( most still do, contrary to all evidence ). When the government pretended to feel for the population, to care whether they would glow in the dark or not ( like when they ceased radiation monitoring right after Fuki blew ), they put out pamphlets telling you how to survive a nuclear war. And everyone believed them ( like advice telling you to seal a room in plastic to avoid NBC terror attacks. In and of itself it wasn’t bad advice. You WOULD survive an NBC agent, although a side effect was dying from lack of oxygen. These are the people who regulated GMO foods by letting the industry decide if they were safe ). Again, contrary to all the evidence. Let’s not forget that the whole Cold War was a government caused problem used to continue war level military spending to avoid another Depression caused by the central bank in the first place.

*

All the advice given to readers by private authors was based on these publications and other government myths. Myths such as the federales would have things up and running no later than a year after a nuke war, that if all topsoil was scraped of radiation the country would become food self sufficient once again ( not totally invalid, given our pre-1970 global domination in oil production, but only if you ignore nuclear winter amongst other issues ). No one was imagining NOT going back to Business As Usual. And all their advice reflected that. Amazingly, after being shown time and again the effects of resource depletion, the exact same teaching prevails.

*

I know you all love semi-autos. I love them too, even the AR-15 if used correctly. I don’t pine for the revolver because it is old, I prefer the 1911A1 as a sidearm. I don’t love wood furniture on a rifle or insist it must be a bolt action because I believe them better. I’d rather have an HK-91 with plastic stock and modern lighter weight metal. My whole point is They Ain’t Rated Apocalypse Appropriate! The 70’s survival writing which 99% of today’s books copy is blindly following myths of progress and abundance that we are no longer living with. For decades! Time to face reality, folks. It ain’t a Disney show, it is a little more realistic than that.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*

My books available on thumb drive:



Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

11 comments:

  1. Man!

    You know so much, that you should consider running for president.

    Let me know. I will volunteer.

    Dr. Shitfinger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, but you know as well as I do that nobody is going to vote to lose Social Security and their govt. monopoly job/taxpayer funded job. As if voting really counts. Only a Kenyan immigrant willing to take it up the pooper for half a mil a year plus vacations monthly will get "s"elected. Oh, I'd sell out for that much, but since I was born here there is no leverage the bankers can hold over me. And yes, I do know it all.

      Delete
    2. Mr. Dakin.
      I will vote for you in your presidential run for the WH. Just and only. because of your "modesty".
      Your modesty has brought tears to my eyes. Never seen a man so humble.
      You Sir, is/are my hero.
      I look up to you and I see nothing, Oh what the hell, I'm crying again.
      I don't thimk there is a word in the dictionary to describe the meaning of James Melvin Dakin.

      Keep up like this and people is eventually compare you to Jesus.

      I kneel before you.

      Your minion.

      Delete
    3. Dear Mr. Dakin.

      If you run for president, make your legacy "FREE BUSCUITS FOR ALL".

      I am pretty sure that will get you "s"elected.

      Delete
    4. All but that which I've yet to divulge heh....

      Delete
    5. Free biscuits leads to entitlement. "Free biscuits for my minions" will work better. I'll buy the vote, but only reward the worthy.

      Delete
    6. I would compare myself to Jesus, but I'm afraid of hubris.

      Delete
  2. Very thought provoking post considering it was just a bunch of thoughts you through together.The past few days of posts have been interesting. The whole semi-auto/bolt/revolver argument. I believe it was Gil but the point of semis for the collapse and bolt/revolvers for the long term is valid. I have AKs and SKSs for back up and a nice supply of ammo. But I also have bolts with some decent ammo put back. Same with pistols. Glocks and revolvers. I may be guns and ammo heavy but have kids and serves as quick cash if I get in a bind.

    The elections are a joke. Put up food and get the hell out of debt. Your word is gospel. The PTB will try to use lack of food against us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though the semi for die-off argument is valid, it is also true if you need them it is time to move. But I guess the whole argument is circular. As much as we all love guns, food and no rent/debt is of a more immediate importance.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. getting to the 'no rent' is why I am allowing the creditors to get mad at us- once we can get on to the land (no liens or mortgages on the land or house) THEN we can offer to settle with the creditors- saving the rent $$$ would allow for lots of savings should the job remain stable.
      Should the job NOT remain stable- then bankruptcy (before the next change to the laws to screw us common man one or the other will be done, settlement or bankruptcy) THEN I can start going after more than the minimum arsenal, and other supplies. Heck I'll even pick up a semi-auto rifle and revolver - one to satisfy the 'die off period' an have fun, the other to keep my good minion status and pass on to the heirs for PODA...
      BTW I highly recommend anyone thinking of building consider earthbags and ferrocement- nearly dirt cheap energy efficient and bullet and fire resistant. Something that I report the results of on here next year...

      Delete
    3. I'd be very interested in the earthbag progress report. I was thinking on them myself.

      Delete