Wednesday, February 26, 2014

SBJABOBno15

SBJABOBno15

ANOTHER BUG OUT BOOK

Yuppie Survivalists

I was first made aware of survivalism in the late Seventies when my best friend who was a Junior Pig ( The Explorers, sub-set of the Boy Scouts, wanna-be police officer apprentices ) introduced me to a practitioner from the city police department. This was the typical then as now Yuppie Survivalism, wherein you tried to keep up with the Jones’ but with cooler semi’s instead of bigger houses or cars. Needless to say, as a High School student there was nothing much I could do to join such a movement with such a high barrier to entry. From then on through school and then the military, the only thing I did was read incessantly on all aspects of survivalism, believing that one had to be a rich bastard to do anything related to prepping. What with the super retreat with underground concrete bunker and all the freeze dried food and the arsenal, that was all I could afford to do. Until Baby Jesus, once again proving he loved me above all others ( and, taking a look around it is quite obvious why ), led me to Kurt Saxon bless his pea picking heart.

*

Ever since it has been smooth sailing prepping wise, the simplicity and frugalness preached by Kurt making it as easy as getting kicked in the gut after you poke a mules testicles. But trying to convince others is a totally different story. Almost nobody wants to hear how easy and cheap it is to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse. They are solely focused on the teachings of gurus who insist on the arsenals and concrete bunkers and twenty acres of fields and farms and woods and babbling brooks. Now, fundamentally this has two root causes. One, male peacocks don’t voluntarily shrink their feathers, accepting a female lower on the totem pole with any kind of good grace. Plus, humans are fundamentally lazy bastards ( to some degree, a survival trait in times of calorie deficient ). While frugal survivalism is very cheap, it also involves foregoing a lot of creature comforts. You don’t get a pleasing palette of food variety, you don’t get a space age light weight rifle, and on and on it goes. So most people will either half ass survivalism ( one month of food, a lot of cool firing range bragging rights guns ) or mainly just read up on it. All so that they can keep the trophy wife and avoid any mention of discomfort.

*

I don’t expect many folks to accept this bare bones plans. I do expect the majority of fools who were tricked into buying this booklet to argue incessantly on the many things “wrong” with it. Yuppies don’t do poor, and Yuppie Survivalists don’t do poor or uncomfortable. I would counter by saying that any plan that is already implemented, even being less than perfect, is far better than a perfect plan perpetually in the process of planning. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*

My books available on thumb drive:



Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

14 comments:

  1. What ever happened to that delusional Kurt?
    Did he died or he just fade away?
    Does anybody knows?


    signed.

    Giv. M. Head.
    Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't people see the simple wisdom in this? You can throw $300 at this problem today and be light years ahead of the pack or you can wait until you have $300,000 to do it the perfect way and never get there. Just consider the $300 a down payment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, why don't intelligent and educated folks have any wisdom? I'm confused about it all myself.

      Delete
    2. there has been people throwing money at this for many years, expecting that TSHTF and still, after all these years, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.
      Its a scam. They are playing your worst fears.

      signed.

      Pat Hiscock.
      England

      Delete
    3. By this logic, since non-renewable resources have never run out, they never will.

      Delete
  3. I don't like MRE and can't afford them even if I did, they have the smell of the plastic world.
    It makes more sense to use low tech methods to raise food and preserve it for winter. Winter will probably kill more people than zombies as most of my work goes into preparing for the next winter. If you can survive a winter you probably have what it takes to survive a summer time problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, in the summer the raiders or the taxmen come. Or both.

      Delete

  4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Saxon
    http://archive.is/Tvxe7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord James, over on SHTFBlog Calamity Jane did an article om your womens lib article. Thought you might want to read and read the comments. They don't understand your God-like wisdom. Anyway. Probably got you a reader or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up ( and to the previous minion )- I almost never get to read other sites due to time constraints. Keep me updated, please. I loved the article inasfar as I'm formulating one or two articles in response ( not much new subject wise, but NEW and improved modes of sarcasm and wit! )

      Delete
    2. "Lord James, over on SHTFBlog Calamity Jane did an article om your womens lib article"

      Sounds like a site to scratch off of my blog roll?

      Well, she picked a fine username indeed. Never did any butch looking type dyke personify the feminists of the 19th century as did that one :D

      Delete
    3. The writing seems well done to me. But definately a Yuppie Survivalist.

      Delete
  6. Calamity Jane seems to write alot of content for that site. I can't remember if she writes on MD's site too. She seems knowledgeable on some stuff and has good writing skills but some its disappointing when folks don't consider the content and intent of an article. If she has that much to say maybe she needs her own blog instead of riding coat tails of established sites. I prefer sites that the majority of content is written by the "owner". Yes Jim has started throwing an occasional guest article on the weekend but he still writes 5 times a week. I think I've been reading Jims stuff since right after Al Gore invented the internet and will continue till someone pulls the plug.

    Still a loyal minion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Course, when you write for others instead of your own, you aren't tied down by expectations. Thanks for being the unwavering loyal minion. When I've been "disapeared" you can brag on knowing me from the beginning. Perhaps for my biogrophy writer.

      Delete