Thursday, February 6, 2014

SBJABOBno13

SBJABOBno13

ANOTHER BUG OUT BOOK

Junk Land

Getting out of the metroplex, dodging rioting crowds of pissed off folks that thought King Kenya would always be there to stuff their wallets and their cupboards and all they had to do in exchange was to kowtow submissively whenever his jackbooted thugs barreled into their neighborhood at 3 AM to “disappear” a few “domestic terrorists” ( read: arrest without charges and hold indefinitely which could mean a shallow grave since no one had to report where the indefinitely held terrorist was languishing which meant anyone who did anything that threatened the power or riches of anyone in the power structure ), that was the hard part. Not getting caught by the authorities, not getting robbed by your fellow fleeing citizens, once you’ve got that covered the rest is as easy as leaning back in your lawn chair sipping bubbling brook water, wondering how you were going to prepare another proverbial feast from wheat kernels, and contemplating your navel and marveling how you were silly enough to chance living in that urban crap hole in the first place.

*

The question is, where is that leisure time after you’ve escaped danger going to take place? Do you have family outside the city? How about a friend/partner in crime? Usually if they are trustworthy and likeable you can arrange a trade of food for shelter ( the hard part being talking them into allowing you to pre-position your supplies there in “times of plenty” ). Those are for the lucky few. The rest of us have two remaining options. We can buy some junk land or we can squat on public land. Of the two, I’m not a huge fan of squatting and I’m a tireless advocate of junk land. So much so that I’m sure I could bet money that most of my long suffering readers wish I’d never heard of it. The thing about owning crap property, besides the obvious benefit of it being affordable, is that you aren’t JUST buying a bug-out location. You are also buying unemployment insurance. The kind that never goes bankrupt on you ( as insurance companies are wont to do ) and that doesn’t require you to pay for it forever.

*

When you pay rent on a city dwelling, or pay for a mortgage in suburbia, you are paying a gigantic premium to have grid power, sewer, and a paved road. You are paying far beyond the infrastructure cost and also subsidizing local government workers and other parasites ( yes, sure, blah, blah, we all love first responders- obviously I mean all the OTHER government workers ). I prefer to provide those services myself ( solar panels, composting toilets and an off road bicycle are far cheaper than twenty years wages ). And as a survivalist, it seems queer indeed for you to be holding on to the illusion that the grid will remain functional. You of all people should know better. But I shant digress.

( continued next week this part )

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*

My books available on thumb drive:



Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I assume you mean the bug out book? No, I'm posting as I write it. About one third done. This is for my loyal minions who don't want to buy my books ( which is okay, as long as they buy through the Amazon links ).

      Delete
  2. Jim:

    I was gonna ask you to let me place my truck load of prepping supplies, but, you worry me now and I'm afraid "they' are going to take "you" to Guantanamo because of your bigggggg mouth.

    You are scaring the crap of every one of your minions.


    Gotta go to take my panic attacks pills.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Fear and paranioa will keep you alive.

      Delete
  3. I was reading the Bison Newsletter (yup gave you enough money for 6.6 oz of ground coffee) I was wondering, just between all the stuff about bicycles and the fact that getting new parts would be hard and seeing as how rigid bikes with "used" tires are 40$ Does it make sense to you to store whole garage sale bikes. Considering the thing about bearings breaking down over time just swap out the hub, or not even, just use the new bike. Not to mention its a decent "barter" item (if thats anyones cup of tea.) Another question, alot of people postulate about the coming collapse from our current descent but, not a whole lot talk about what country is least likely to take the most devastating hit. And a final question, Why do people get their panties all in a bunch about the TSA? Yeah sure the radiation is questionable of the backscatter machines, sure there is the occasional issue of some guys catheter coming undone but, I had left something in my wallet and all they did was make me take it out and throw it away. And the only time I was patted down it was very professional like. (i.e no crotch grabbing or groping) anyway, I thought the king of coiffure (is that right?) might have some insight on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metal is getting expensive, as is the energy smelting it. Buy up all you can of the bikes now before prices shoot up. Most countries have bought into the global marketplace so few will be uneffected. And those doing better will be attacked. No safe place. I'd say the TSA goons are good in some places and not in others, just like local cops.

      Delete
  4. PS: About the TSA, people use the term "right" as in "I have the right not ot show my ID" they are using the right to protect their liberty or, actions free from coercion. But, When flying for example you can either fly and abide by the terms set by security for example: You can't bring aboard x,y,z. Or you can not fly. Now, When you have the TSA doing a random bag search from people getting off a train they claim it is in the name of nationa security i.e protecting your right to life. HOWEVER, it is coercion and against an individuals personal liberty. So where does the public draw the line? (I assume too late as we can gather from history ;-) not to mention when you boarded the train was there a security checkpoint set up? No. So wouldn't the bag check AFTER the fact be pointless in protecting the right to life of the public? Forgive any incoherencies as I haven't really slept a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is for the weak. In a little while more without sleep, you'll see through our masters discuises and be able to tell which ones are the lizard aliens.

      Delete
  5. After the SCOTUS ruling on Kelo v New London - no one owns land anymore. My mother's Scots-Irish ancestors picked out the worst ground possible: swamps, piney woods and hills. Guess who got kicked off their land? Live while the living is good - their ain't no safe place in this world. Ain't I just a precious little sunbeam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, glitter is shooting out your ass.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sir, may I have another!

      Delete
  6. How do you compost your waste?
    Can the compost system handle the sudden increase in input?
    this is of course a really Sh*#7 subject but a necessary one to maintain hiegyne PODA-
    And carrying the waste to a dumping station wont work once the oil quits flowing- so composting it on site (or nearby) is essential.

    -grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now, carrying into town. Later, an outhouse on a neighboring lot.

      Delete
    2. Build a Methane Digestor son, turn that caca into fuel and fertile soil around your back forty...

      Delete
  7. The humanure book is free online, goggle it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Humanure Handbook, and it seems like a pretty useful book. You do have to be careful, as the Human waste must achieve a certain internal temperature for a certain length of time (Forgive me, I forgot what these were?) in order to kill off all harmful pathogens.

      Wayne

      Delete