Friday, January 3, 2014

waterfall collapse


WATERFALL COLLAPSE

We seem to be on a roll with citing The Druid Dude.  I think it is because I just finished reading his “green wizard” book and he is on my mind.  In a week or two it will be the Russian dude as I’ve ordered his “five stages of collapse”.  Druid Dude is a fan of his creation, the Stair-step Collapse.  I mean, rightly so.  You pull something shiny and glittery out of your ass, you have a right to be pleased with yourself. Most things you yank from that orifice ain’t so nice.  Me, I prefer The Waterfall Collapse ( although to be honest I don’t know if that was me or if a minion came up with it ).  I am as equally proud of my preferred method of collapse.  With the Dudes, crap keeps getting worse but at least you have time to adjust and get used to the new business as usual.  This is one of the reasons Dude has tens of thousands of screaming fans, mobbing him at airports and supporting paparazzi who shadow his every move.  His Way is a gentle happy collapse.  Me, I have two crazy bastards that send me money every year in hopes I’ll continue scaring the crap out of them, even worse than when they were three years old and went to see some hokey mask dude thrusting spears up through the bedspring into the torso of nubile naked blonds and out through between their perky breasts ( one imagines, giving the time frame, these were some of the first fake boobs out there which set the trend for Hollywood fame-if you didn’t know they were artificial, the thought of such perfect mammaries being destroyed was indeed terrifying ).  Sorry, I distracted myself.

*

The Waterfall Collapse is not happy, nor gentle.  It calls for collapse on a slow scale, so slow it seems normal after awhile.  Then, you are minding your own business, perhaps on a slow day wondering what the appeal of plastic breasts are, and BAM!  Big time collapse as it all goes to crap, several decades of slow collapse condensed into a much quicker time frame.  I stipulate that we have been in slow collapse since 1971 ( give or take a few months ).  Perhaps sooner, but that date was obvious in hindsight.  Ever since, we have trended downward.  Substituting oil for almost everything because oil is about all we had left ( increasingly with time, other peoples oil ).  Our topsoil, our ores, our extraction techniques.  Our cars, our labor, our insulation to conserve oil even.  Simply, the per capita allotment of energy has steadily gone down, even if we are using oil in place of other substances, we use less in aggregate.  So one has to wonder.  If the oil is running out, what is going to support the trend?  Oil substituted for what we now no longer had, and if THAT substitution is gone, what feeds us?  What keeps us alive in winter?  If we’ve already had forty years of slow collapse, isn’t it time to think perhaps that waterfall dip could be right ahead of us?
END
The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
My books available on thumb drive:
Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

23 comments:

  1. http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/01/03/roman-empire-sources/

    Waterfall collapse in roman currency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike. Both using waterfall phrase

      Delete
  2. Lord Bison, I think things will get interesting very quickly. With the cutbacks on food stamps and unemployment, ever increasing cost of living, Obammys quest for dictatoral powers, we are screwed. Things are bad for alot of people right now. It is only going to get worse.

    The waterfall analogy is similiar to my thoughts but I think it will slowly pick up speed till it hits a full vertical drop. 2014 may be it. 2015 on the outside. Like a known idiot quoted. Americas chickens have came home to roost and it wont be pretty. The government and the sheeple have taken us past the brink. Its is just slight of hand holding things up....or giving the appearance of stability.

    Worse is that we have no fall back. No family farms, no caring about fellow man. During the depression you had those things. Nowadays folks will kill each other for a can of Spam. The government has legislated our ability to be self sustaining. Regulating everything. Food production, water,communication, firearms and ammo, how we build. You get the picture.

    We are set up for the collapse.

    Oh yeah. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I disagree with, and I'm nitpicking, is Obammy dictatorship. Bush's controller He Who Strikes Down Lawyers, himself controlled but knowing it at least, started the blatent disregard of the Constitution. I like your paranoia on the timeframe. Goooo, doomers!

      Delete
  3. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

    Have you ever been white water rafting? The collapse which as you've stated has been going on since about November 1970, is like an increasing rapids magnitude whereas in the 1970's through the early 1990's we were rafting at level one rapids. Then come the sad events in 1992, 1993 and 1995, when then President Clinton along with his extra-legal bulldog; Reno run roughshod over everybody and make many enemies in the process, which the rapids magnitude goes to a level three. Of course this is all a set up for what's about to happen beginning with September 2001 and the aftermath of that turn of events, leading to the blatant "selection" of the current "pretender-in-chief" which now takes the rapids magnitude to four. I certainly thought last year we were going to slip into it, with the events of August and December 2012, and the beginning of blatant tyranny, but it seems that the Banker Masters, weren't exactly done flushing the toilet that is the U.S. Economy. Now with latest manufactured China Crisis, Syrian Crisis and on-going Iranian Debacle, the Banker Masters have a wide variety of scenarios they can throw out to the 'media' and get the rapids magnitude up to five which is the highest magnitude before the raft goes over Horseshoe Falls at Niagara, Ontario Canada (Bridal Veil is on the New York side of the Border) with the violent results.

    Like Nightshift wrote, before in the Great Depression, people were more self-sufficient. Today they'll shoot you in the face for a can of Spam. Doesn't get any planer than that.

    Keep keeping it real James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet, plane as it is, we still mostly dance around the obvious. I think all of us to a degree.

      Delete
    2. The plane, the plane!

      No Tatoo, he's not talking about that kind of plane. He means plain.

      Delete
    3. It's plain I don't much edit or spell check my comments. Time is of the essence. Hell, sometimes I feel I'm back in the mid 90's and the Internet company is charging for access by the hour.

      Delete
  4. Jan 2 Wayne mentioned precision sniper loads. I wonder what size groups those loads shoot.
    My best Lee dipper groups were three JHP in 15/16 c-to-c;
    and three cast 30-80-FN in 1.375 at 100 yards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting comments. Nightshift's point about modern inhumanity is something everyone should think about. And few are self sufficient even when they have the opportunity to be so. I live in a very rural farming area and most of the farmers have cattle but no pigs or chickens. Electricity provides the power. Most of the farmers don't even have fireplaces and it's North Dakota for crying out loud. I believe we are close to the end because the inflation is killing everyone. Maybe when it heats up this summer or next at the outside. Then you'll see your waterfall, and 90% of the population will be dead within 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as six months? What are they going to eat for that long? I'm thinking more like one.

      Delete
    2. Each other my man, each other ! Whole lotta livestock sheep running around out there. Should keep the hard core types fed for quite awhile actually....

      Delete
  6. correction to text .........
    three 30-80-FN should read 30-180-FN in 1.375 at 100 yards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another term floating about these days is the "Hunger Games" scenario: The concentration of wealth and power in DC. Hmm ... the government does require us to offer our children up to the sacrificial alter of "public education", not to mention the hideous weight of college loans. Anybody remember the draft? Sign up or be screwed.
    Me? I'm thinking the Soviet Union about 1953. Weird huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll bite. What happened in the SU in 53?

      Delete
    2. Clarification: the US is going to become the SU '53. Got our foot in the door right now. Hello Joe ... Stalin.

      Delete
    3. The sacrificial alter of the draft is still with us inasmuch as with such a controlled crappy economy it (military service) becomes the only "way out" for many kids. Military service also becomes like college; they sell it as a jobs program and many kids are genuinely surprised when some towel head objects to them invading his country and starts shooting at them.

      Delete
    4. Then they get out, crippled with something the VA won't admit exists, and learn military training isn't worth a crap in civvie life. Well, usually. I could have used my MP creds to get hired by LA county and worked in the jail. I was almost tempted-going from the pan into the fire.

      Delete
  8. Well, collapses are slow....until they're not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

      Delete
    2. Dang it, that was the quote I was trying to remember: "Collapses happen slow, and then all at once". Dang tiny dinosaur brain.

      Delete
    3. I need minions with dinosaur brains-only then can I look smart in comparison ( I need all the help I can get ).

      Delete