Wednesday, January 22, 2014

crap meter

CRAP METER

I usually love most of everything Kunstler has to write ( I even re-read his Too Much Magic a few weeks ago. I think I’ve read The Long Emergency at least three times ). But yesterday was just beyond embarrassing for both of us. He was really showing his ass ( a Southernism I’m sure he would simply die for, him being so evenhanded and unemotional when it comes to judging his colonial neighbors ). I think his whole point was to show the Cult Of Violence our culture is, although I’m not sure why he thinks this is anything new to ours or anybody else’s way of raising boys. I’m really beginning to think he never got out much as a child ( or now ) and his mother was a bit overprotective. Talking about tattoos, a subject guaranteed to get him wound up at the slightest hint, he eluded to the culture of prisons being emulated, them went on to state, I’m paraphrasing, “a recent subject has been Political Prisoners. While the drug laws could be modified, I think all prisoners are psychopaths”. First off, this is not a recent discussion. I was ranting about it in the 80’s and it was old hat then. And secondly, only a closeted hermit cloistered in an ivory tower thinks that all laws are just and only the guilty are in jail and that if you are there you deserve it because our wonderful fair federal government never screwed anybody and they are only protecting the public against Very Bad Men.

*

Can Kunstler show me where in the Constitution it allows the FedGov to outlaw drugs? It was my understanding that this document set down the duties the federal government was allowed to undertake, and those not listed were left to the States individually ( or the People ). No? Hmmm. I guess he doesn’t really want to go there, because once you undertake that bit of logic, you go all the way back to the birth of Yankee Imperialism when Lincoln et all abolished States rights and transferred all governing authority to the feds. And it’s a bit sad he can’t step out of his role of East Coast Banker Elite Apologist because how the current power structure started and evolved has a bit to do with how the future is going to unfold. But set aside the drug users as political prisoner meme and think about other groups. Consensual sex with a seventeen year old will land you in jail in some places. That is a psychopath justly incarcerated to protect society? How about assisted suicide with the terminally ill? That will get you arrested and convicted, yet you are certainly not a psychopath for helping a loved one end their suffering. Your only crime was taking profit from some of our rulers. After a slew of Black convicts being freed after DNA testing, one has to wonder how many innocents are framed for crimes ( because it was easier than actually working to catch the real perpetrator and it made political hay for some ) simply because of their race. To some degree this is a political crime as the racial war manifests itself. I could go on and on, but I’m not paid anywhere near as well as Kunstler. No political prisoners? Only the guilty are locked up? On this one, my Cup Of Crap Meter is set on Full And Overflowing.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*

My books available on thumb drive:



Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Jim:

    Does your CRAP METER work in your self??

    Brandy, Bruno,Bradford, and all the other names I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Great minds think alike" - hahaha. I had the much the same impression when I read his piece. I urge my fellow White Trash Irregulars to read it: elitist, poor people bashing, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do you buy your acid? What color is the sky on your planet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord Bison - I've been busy and had to catch up on some past articles. I cant believe there was actually a flattering word said about the AR a week or two ago. You're getting soft. Hah!

    Good to see Vlad sharing some of that nutritional info, btw. A lot of the White Trash Irregulars have been dropping some science on me around the subject of food for a 'bug out bag'. Speaking of 'bug out bags', that subject is consistently beaten to death, so I think I'll take the opportunity to also throw a punch....

    I think that best cues to take for any sort of kit like what we call a 'bug out bag' is what an Afghan rebel, Viet Cong soldier, a Civil War soldier, or perhaps even a Roman soldier took with them out on 1-3 day patrols. Sure, some updates probably need to be made given the advances in technology (space blankets, canned sardines, and sealed peanut butter come to mind), but generally these 'bug out bags' need to be lightweight so that you can mainly hump water, 2 or 3 space blankets, a knife, toilet paper, a weapon, ammo, a roll of duct tape, and a source of light (flashlight or glow sticks).

    The additional stuff that you would put in this 'bug out bag' might be a small steel container (to cook with), some iodine, and a bar of soap. Anything beyond this stuff is just trying to convert your 'bug out bag' into a Club Med fruit basket.

    Ok - now onto the article at hand. I too enjoy a lot of Kunstler's work but after reading his blog and hearing him on some podcasts, I basically stepped away from trying to enjoy any more of his work beyond the printed books.

    His politics went just a bit *too* far for me. He tars a lot of different people with some pretty close-minded brushes and writes-off a whole lot of people for no good reason. Also, I feel like he can be a bit too much of an apologist for big government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he's an apologist for "his" people, the ones who benefited from the fedgov domination. If he was one of the oppressed/occupied groups he would be thinking a bit differantly.

      Delete
  5. As he said:
    "In the long run, the greatest weapon of mass destruction is stupidity."
    - Thomas Sowell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Sowell. I think I read some of his work in the 90's. Been around awhile.

      Delete
  6. Sorry, I'm having more issues with this Bill Gates Hunk O Crap. When I click "reply" nothing is hapening. 749- my crap meter is on perminent "0", as in I have zero crap in me. 802- at least with poor folks, the Yankees get included in his rants. 846-I can't devulge my source. The color is "groovy".

    ReplyDelete
  7. While Lord Bison tries to fumigate his box - behold the Gun-Truck
    http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/driveby/revelation_6.php
    From Vietnam to now. Admit it, you want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I would like one. Are any of you bastards rich?

      Delete
  8. James Kunstler is a classic East coast liberal elitist. His concept of societal collapse into some fairy land of pot smoking and organic gardening is laughable. That being said, I enjoy his writing even if I see the world through a different lense.

    ReplyDelete