Monday, December 30, 2013

peak frack oil 2017


PEAK FRACK OIL 2017

Richard Heinberg managed quite soundly to disappoint the heck out of me his last two paper edition books.  They were pretty much a waste of both my time, rapidly running out since I’ll be on Obammy Death Panel List #1 at the age of 63 so the puke doesn’t have to give me a dime in Social Security, and of my money and of a poor defenseless Arctic tundra tree that died for his sins.  So I wasn’t going to play his game with his latest book, “Snake Oil”.  I wanted the book, lusted after the book, yet somehow convinced it was akin to an old man’s amorous listlessness when Nicole Smith sashayed by.  Dare I give the Peak Oil Grandpa another chance?  Is he even worthy?  Thanks to Kindle, and the publishers strangely intelligent move to price it at an affordable $5, I decided to take the plunge and give Dick his gamble.  And I’m happy I did.  The book, although not without faults, was a happy experience.  It was quite thorough and enlightening.  For instance, I had no idea that our good buddies at the gooberment office that tracks oil production have a nasty habit of fudging the numbers by reporting post-refinery volumes as production figures.  When a refinery takes in a barrel of oil, what comes out the other end is greater in volume than that barrel as the fuels are not as dense as crude.  And what is worse, they take all our imports, and use the increased volume difference to add to our domestic production numbers!!!!

*

The part of the book I had troubles with was the constant sheeple bleating of “let’s all hold hands, sing ethnically correct songs and start using alternate energy right now!”.  Anyone that doesn’t invest $75 at a time for monocrystalline 15 watt solar panels ( $120 for 30 watt, but don’t place all your eggs in one basket-get multiple small panels rather than one large wattage one ), while we can still afford to ship them from China, is imbecilic and deserves to die in the dark.  But as a whole, society taken together, there isn’t a damn thing that can be done with alternate energy to save us.  Alternate energy doesn’t grow or transport crops, and petroleum agriculture is all we have that has saved the world from die-off so far.  Dick and his ilk really need to stop looking for eco-villages up their rectums and be a smidge more doomish.  But be that as it may, good job on the latest book.  Which, pursuant to the above title, does explain by looking at all production history that 2017 is about it for fracking, and a sharp cliff nationwide after that.

*

The other $5 K-book I read this weekend was “Immoderate Greatness-why civilizations fail” by William Ophuls.  Also a damn fine book, thank all the gods it was far more realistic than Dick’s book ( insofar as future prospects ).  On the very short side, about the length of my books, so not recommended in paper format unless you plan on passing it around to family members who are exploring for villages with Dick.

END
The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,
Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

8 comments:

  1. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

    You and you alone speak to my energy-jaded soul with truer words I have ever read. Heinburg is great for convincing idiot liberals that Peak-Petroleum is in fact real and not some conspiracy, whipped up by energy companies to boost their profit margins and market share (like they need any help with that whatsoever). Like the former unhappy malcontent I used to be, I went out and bought "The Party's Over, Powerdown and Peak Everything" me being the useful tool of the eco-freak movement. The problem I had then, which has only intensified with the passage of time (all prior to Kenneth S. Deffeyes, Thanksgiving prediction in 2005), that Heinburg and his Cascadida Northwest Eco-Idiots were freaking fools, for advertising the end of Petroleum-Civilization while promoting peaceful exchange with one's neighbors.

    Every turd in the petroleum punch-bowl knows that when John and Mary Q. Public don't have the conveniences of so-called modern living on a regular constant basis, John and Mary are going to go completely apey violent on everyone they perceive to have just a smidge of those modern conveniences like food and lighting (not to mention heating this time of year). Heinburg and his Eco-fools think they can sing PC Songs, while worshiping their Chicago Tin-god and make it to a Post-Petroleum future. At least this White-Trashed Irregular knows better. As I've written before; every day the collapse doesn't start, is another day spent preparing for it, since it will happen, despite the wishes, hope and change of millions of skittles eaters to the contrary.

    BTW: A True Peak Oil Prophet, unlike that weenie Heinburg, would be none other than Mike Ruppert over at the old website From the Wilderness, which got shut down by the fedgov for being too truthful about the state of the impending collapse. His book; "Crossing the Rubicon" was a true eye-opener for me and millions who were quietly slipping each other the blue pills, into the proverbial rabbit hole, become truly and righteously angry about being lied to for our whole lives and buying the lies of government, the banks, big business and the complicit media.

    Keep, keeping it real James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ruppert, read Rubicon twice. I think his downfall with the feds was his investication into the drug business side of things.

      Delete
  2. Wal, I gots my solar panels to run the pumps and a bit of lighting .
    So far as petro chemicals to fertilize the soil. Good old chicken shit and rabbit shit will do fine for the Dragon Lady and my garden.
    Got my methane digester for running the the garden tracter etc. It all can be done on an individual basis , but the mass of the sheeple gonna freaking die. We all 6 or 7 billion souls on this planet cannot organically farm and survive.
    Don't personally give a rats hump about them either.
    All has to do with out of sight out of mind.
    Bit of knowledge and preparation and on a small scale you'll do fine.
    So long as the hoardes don't sniff ya out.
    If'n they do....well hell we all gotta die sumtime heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Course, the electric is just for the way down. PODA, back to crappy candles.

      Delete
    2. Not atoll , spent stinkin six years getting a M. in ME so's ah kin clamber up some mechanical generation stuff. No need on a personal basis to go back to the dark ages, so long as the knowledge holds out. Shoot after all them wanna die ostritches are gone ,gonna be tons of raw material to work with. Once again ya'll just gotta retain the knowledge that and be invisable to the hoardes when they come ha ha.
      as you say ya cain't fight but ya damn straight can stay out the way.

      Delete
    3. As long as their aren't too many people salvaging, okay. But eventually the last non-duplicated item ( light bulb, computer chip ) is used up.

      Delete
  3. I second you on Ophuls. A short, but very to the point read, with far wider sourcing than most of the type.

    ReplyDelete