Wednesday, December 11, 2013

journey 2


JOURNEY 2

I know you were all moved to tears over my plight commuting in this winter wonderland of sub-zero temperatures ( which of course has a very bright side in that all the extreme scum suckling anal licking morons from Reno can’t stand the thought of living here and so stay in their ghetto warrens ) and so I feel it is my duty to sooth your tormented souls and announce today’s five below ride was almost as heavenly as endless naked bosom pillows surrounded by kittens alongside a steak and lobster buffet with Pink Floyd surround-sound.  The leather mittens are out.  Even with an extra thick wool insert they didn’t work.  But those same extra thick wool inserts in my old Kraut surplus fabric mittens with fake fur ( I had been using the standard thick wool glove inserts which didn’t work great into the single digits and below zero.  These new wool inserts were rag wool mittens-about three times as thick ) kept my hands toasty warm for the first time!  No more suffering painful hands each morn!  Go Team Bison!

*

Yesterday we talked about life being a journey rather than a destination.  Now let’s apply that to a subject near and dear to our hearts-survivalism.  Not that gay ass crap prepping ( but yes, we do use them interchangeably.  When we distinguish- preppers usually think Bad Things Happen but don’t ever think we will see a new Dark Ages where no one can make .223 cartridges or MRE’s ) but good old ass falling out of civilization and mass die off and when I say mass die-off I’m talking percentages in the nineties, yo.  Most of you will die.  Hell, I’m going to die and that’s the saddest part of all of this.  Which is why I love the attitude of Rat and Swamp Dude.  Arm up and wait to take as many of the bastards down with you before you die.  Yet, they still prep away as I hope all of you do.  Knowing you are going to die come the Apocalypse isn’t defeatism or an excuse to do nothing ( I laugh uproariously, almost to the point of sphincter failure, over those jerks who lived in the big city so as to die instantly and painlessly from a Soviet nuke and are now stuck surrounded by pissed off skittles eaters who are and shall attack pasty honky mo-fo’s as indicative of the class that suppressed them ).  You do your best to sacrifice and prep because if you do survive long term you don’t want to be embarrassed by lack of supplies.  But accepting you are going to die quickly frees you to the point of enjoying life NOW.  Today.  Enjoying the journey.  Why do you think I still write?  I’ve said it all and I don’t think I’m reaching all that many people.  It’s because I enjoy it.  It doesn’t pay more than book money and that is just fine.  I’m enjoying what I’m doing now, and come the end I can laugh in the face of death, flip off the world and go out in style.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,

Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

17 comments:

  1. Glad you're not freezing anymore. I was going to suggest trying hand warmers, the reusable kind that you "charge up" by boiling in water.

    Yep, enjoy life now. It's going to get ugly.

    I'm still celebrating Nelson Mandela's death. LOL!

    bigunsfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me started on that hump King Skittles leeching on to Mandela's death just like he did MLK, trying to be something other than an illegal immigrant suckling at the bankers anus.

      Delete
  2. I keep a quotes text file in this cybernetic beast for inspiration. Here is a dose:

    Sometimes too much to drink is never enough.
    – Mark Twain

    It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions.
    It's been a while since I saw a QUESTION AUTHORITY bumpersticker.
    - James Lileks

    Frantic orthodoxy is never rooted in faith but in doubt.It is when we are unsure that
    we are doubly sure.
    - Reinhold Niebuhr

    The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.
    ~ H.L. Mencken

    If you’re at the table and you don’t see the sucker. It’s you.
    - Old Poker Saying

    "Forgetfulness occurs when those who have been long inured to civilized order can no longer remember a time in which they had to wonder whether their crops would grow to maturity without being stolen or their children sold into slavery by a victorious foe.

    They forget that in time of danger, in the face of the Enemy, they must trust and confide in each other, or perish.

    They forget, in short, that there has ever been a category of human experience called the Enemy. And that, before 9/11, was what had happened to us. The very concept of the Enemy had been banished from our moral and political vocabulary. An enemy was just a friend we hadn't done enough for - yet. Or perhaps there had been a misunderstanding, or an oversight on our part - something that we could correct. And this means that that our first task is that we must try to grasp what the concept of the Enemy really means.

    The Enemy is someone who is willing to die in order to kill you. And while it is true that the Enemy always hates us for a reason - it is his reason, and not ours."
    -- Lee Harris in Civilization and Its Enemies

    "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
    - Robert A. Heinlein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just double up in your medications today.

    depression can be a mother strucker.

    Don't let it get to you.

    Be a man. You are a survivalist. You are giving the wrong message. You're showing weakness. The end is a lot worse than the picture you are trying to display.

    GOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end is a lot worse than any one of us can imagine. Which is why we usually don't

      Delete
  4. Rat and Swamp Dude are cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, although their hair kinda sucks

      Delete
    2. Hey I'm a swamp dude and my hair is most faburus cuz I still have all of mine at sixty, unlike you and Rat who don't have any lol

      Delete
    3. Oh I do...Every time I look in the mirror ha ha.
      Post a current picture and I will also...
      Let the public decide heh !
      But I will admit you are perhaps one of the few ....
      Keep it real Jim, one day you'll catch up to me ha ha

      Delete
  5. Lord Bison - I'm down in Tampa / St. Pete right now and, as usual, all I'm reading (and rereading, over and over) are your e-tomes.

    When I left Pittsburgh, Pa the other morning, it was snowing and cold. When I landed here it was sunny and warm. Yet, when I look around, this place has got to be one of the biggest death traps ever built by man:

    * very long bridges across bays that have no exits (similar to the Bay Bridge that connects Oakland and SF)
    * lots of air conditioning in every building that keeps everybody from dropping into a pool of their own disgusting humid sweat
    * If the grid went down for a week, on the 7th day there would definitely be a cholera outbreak - everybody lives so close together

    How the hell did you end up down in the Sunshine State to begin with???? I know you were in Daytona, and you mention that you stuck around as long as you did because your kids were still down here. But really? You knew California. You grew up there. Did Florida actually seem like a great place.

    I'll say this - it is EXTREMELY white-trash-irregular-friendly. It seems like you cant throw a rock without hitting a gun range, dollar store, or trailer park. I'm drooling over the cost-savings potential down here. But honestly, it just seems like an extremely fragile swamp that would kill everybody on a bad day....so I'm eager to head back to the snowy cold of the 'Burgh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FL was great compared to CA. But survival wise ( with its current population ) it does suck. In fact, you are more observant in that regard than I was living there.

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure if I remember the author's name right (RAT), but I think you printed up a guest piece called PISS ON THAT. The author's point was he would do what he could, but not worry about what he couldn't - he did his best and worrying about what could not be helped was stupid. Wise person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't swell his head. There's only room for one of those in this state.

      Delete
  7. If you are in your 50s or older (median age of survivalists seems to have stayed at a consistent 55) and everything goes barbaric, you aren't likely to make it to 70+ in any case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I want to live that long. Diabedies, eye's failing. Ass leaking.

      Delete