Monday, December 16, 2013

bless the us


BLESS THE US

The other day I noticed a truck with several bumper stickers.  The truck wasn’t real new, trophy of an inbred miner with more money than sense.  Nor was it too old, shouting of senility and a propensity to live in the ancient past glory days.  It just seemed a normal truck belonging to a normal Nevadan.  One sticker was the common sense “love my country but fear my government”.  The other was his tribal marker “god bless the marine corps”.   You wouldn’t think twice about either bumper sticker.   Redneck pride at the edges of flyover country.  But to me, those two combined just didn’t seem right.  There was something vaguely off, something not quite kosher in Denmark.  I understand, all too well, your fear and apprehension of the goliath leviathan FedGov.  Butcher of Southern babes and indigenous tribes, east coast blue bloods imprisoning the poor from Europe and then without apparent racism,  the rest of the world.  Your near future oppressors as the wheels careen off the cart for the last time and the last ounce of wealth is squeezed from the last useless eater.  And I get your pride in an organization not renowned for its ease of joining, in its attempting to institutionalize the ancient warrior code in spite of all the pressures from its imperial paymasters.  And yet, the Marine Corp is from birth a child of the FedGov.  Does warrior religion trump your master?

*

Let me be clear.  The Marines where not born to fight the Empire, but to impose the imperial will.  I have little love for the Army, itself perhaps at one time a arm of the individual state but now long ago having sold its soul just another enforcer for the throne.  This isn’t pride of one service over another.  I just wonder how you can fear the treasurer that pays for that which you love.  In the end, who wins your heart?  This is the same tactic used throughout the military, using the carrot of the twenty year retirement.  The independent spirits won’t stay in that long and those mercenaries who sell their souls are firmly in the hands of the bankers, regardless of any rhetoric they spout ( even, dare one say it, Oath Keepers? ).  Perhaps the former Marine never intended to make the Corps his career.  He was just proud to serve.  Perhaps he quit after being disillusioned by FedGov actions.  I don’t presume to know.  I merely question the actual advertising.  I was proud of my service- not because of my role in The Machine but merely for the personal achievements that entailed.  I don’t go around bragging I was a battalion bully boy, muscle of the officer corps desire to keep its cannon fodder in line.  I don’t feel ashamed, not knowing any better at that age.  But I don’t recount it as being anything other than a learning expense.  A small amount of pride, sure.  But one shouldn’t brag on being a dumbass.  Unless that is just a Marine Thing and I wouldn’t understand.

END
The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,
Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

17 comments:

  1. I'm thinking it a Marine thing. That "Brotherhood of Marines" is true. I think the USMC sticker means "God bless my fellow Marines."

    I can be wrong, though. I'm a former army puke.

    "battalion bully boy..." LOL! I've never heard that one before. Must come from all that Intellectuals-types hanging out in the rear. We usually just used "SOB"

    Gil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think "sob" was the nicest one you used.

      Delete
  2. Hi Melvin:
    I love my country, specially. So. Lake Tahoe NV.
    Auburn, Ca.
    Carson City, NV.
    Ormon Beach and Port St. Lucie, FL.
    Tulsa and Collinsville. OK.
    Ypsilanty, MI.
    Don't you.


    Kenneth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're including places the ex lived, plus where I got married to #3. Concrats, you can search.

      Delete
  3. I never put bumper stickers on my vehicles. It is easy to offend the police or just anybody and wind up "noticed" or worse. I just keep my head down and go about my business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned that lesson-car ticketed at a speed unobtainable. Did the most boring eight hours of my life taking a class to keep my insurance from going up. "professional" CHP didn't like Legalize Hemp stickers. But at least the baby was in her seat so he didn't taz and shoot me over it.

      Delete
  4. Semper Fi as they say. To what I ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the first of every month I get my check automatically deposited into my account for my years of service as a "mercenary" for the "international bankers" and I am grateful. I naively believed at the time I was serving my country. Thanks for straightening all that out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm here for, brother. Still love ya regardless of your sins :)

      Delete
  6. When his wife and kids get hungry will the guy who delivered your mail order
    two year food package remember you? Will he share your food with you,or just gutshoot you and take it all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll use his doggie pepper spray, then slice your throat. Why waste a bullet? He was smart enough to stalk you, he knows how important ammo is.

      Delete
  7. Never did understand them Jar heads...
    Of course as a member of the US Army Sneaky Snakes we never were a part of the real Army either lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inscom was pretty laid back. Then I went to the 2nd ID and boy what a bunch of uptight a-holes.

      Delete
    2. INSCOM came after I was in there. It was ASA back in my day and yes it was very laid back.

      Delete
  8. http://www.radiofreeredoubt.com/forumpress-4/
    The Voice of the American Redoubt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smedley Butler:
    In 1933, he became involved in a controversy known as the Business Plot, when he told a congressional committee that a group of wealthy industrialists were planning a military coup to overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt, with Butler selected to lead a march of veterans to become dictator, similar to other Fascist regimes at that time. The individuals involved all denied the existence of a plot and the media ridiculed the allegations. A final report by a special House of Representatives Committee confirmed some of Butler's testimony.

    In 1935, Butler wrote a book titled War Is a Racket, where he described and criticized the workings of the United States in its foreign actions and wars, such as those he was a part of, including the American corporations and other imperialist motivations behind them. After retiring from service, he became a popular activist, speaking at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists and church groups in the 1930s.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedly_butler
    Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For all the good it did. A lesson all the Gore Warming groud should heed.

      Delete