Friday, November 15, 2013

white trash irregulars


WHITE TRASH IRREGULARS

To the minion who coined “Team Bison And The White Trash Irregulars”, I salute you.  I haven’t been this amused since the joke was posted on the Realist ( optimist, my glass is half full. Pessimist, my glass is half empty.  Realist, who pissed in my glass? ), and prior to THAT I haven’t been so amused in quite the long while.  Not only is the Team Bison moniker funny as can be, it encapsulates all that is our merry band of pranksters.  So, let’s talk about the advisability of only joining irregular forces.  Come time to fight one and all ( Yankee usurpers, Chinese occupiers, rival teams, thugs and gangs ), I’m assuming here you are fighting mainly because you no longer have a choice if you want to see a full diner table again, you do NOT want to join or be led by conventional fighting forces.  Which includes guerilla forces led by those wishing to replace the current régime, since while they might fight irregularly in a tactical sense they are quite conventional strategically.  And this means, quite simply, that they can only fight as if you are a pawn in their game.  Pawns are sacrificial cannon fodder, in case you are unfamiliar with the game of chess.  It isn’t that they want to kill you, but rather they have no conception of how to fight other than with casualties.

*

 Remember the cop TV show Hill Street Blues?  After every start of shift briefing the cops are told, right before being dispersed, “Let’s be careful out there”.  This wasn’t empty rhetoric.  Cops don’t sacrifice themselves to catch crooks.  It isn’t in their paradigm to ever even think such things.  Their safety is paramount, not the end result of locking up the scumbags.  It isn’t timidity but sound tactics.  You can’t catch anymore criminals if you are dead.  The military can’t conceive of a notion such as this.  They have victory to achieve, and casualties are part of the price.  The training is a sunk cost.  They budget for fresh recruits to replace you.  You cost X amount of money to field, there will be X amount of deaths, so it costs X amount to keep the troop strength up.  You are the same as a blown up tank that must be replaced, in other words.  You don’t want to be part of an organization that is ready to replace you from an assembly line.  Only fight if you have control over the strategy that will determine your odds of living, or a trusted comrade acting so in your proxy.  Irregulars fight more like cops than soldiers.  They scheme to survive to fight another day.

*

The “books on memory sticks” saga continues.  I was a moron on the cost for bulk.  If I wanted a $2.50 unit I’d have to order thousands.  And a lot of the low price manufactures are turning out crap ( “one in ten failed” “one in three were duds” according to reviews ).  So, I went with a respected name brand which was far more costly but means it is a repeat use item instead of a disposable one.  And I upped the memory from 2gb to 8.  You spend 50% more and get four times the capacity.  Once the order comes in I’ll test mail one to get an idea of postage cost and we will be in business.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,

Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

13 comments:

  1. ????????

    Did you have a cup of coffee this morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time constraints. The coffee only starts kicking in about when the writing is done. I like my weekend coffee. An hour of sitting and letting my mind wander.

      Delete
  2. Good post. I too like "Team Bison and the White Trash irregulars" moniker. I think the minion that posted it should get a free subscription to your blog.....wait...nevermind. LOL

    Do keep up with the thumb drive concept. There will be a one ounce silver buffalo mint coin headed to you next week. I'll let you know when to start looking for it. Consider it back payment for past greatness.

    Fighting like cops is an interesting yet incomplete analogy. They are compelled to use the :use of force continuum". (yes I spell checked that). Using the minimal amount of force necessary. Plus they have the advantage of "ganging" up on one or two resistive criminals. Not likely that we would be able to have superior numbers in most confrontations. Better the way of the sniper or guerrilla fighter. Or a combination of both. No one good tactic. Do what needs to be done even if it means hiding till a better chance comes along. My 2 cents.

    Do we get "Team Bison" T-shirts if we join?

    Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "even hiding". The redneck weasal.

      Delete
    2. Redneck Weasels
      Dollar Store Ninjas
      Bison's Bug Ins
      Tactless Trailer Trash Commandos(this one's too wordy). Need one involving bicycles.

      Delete
    3. Whatever you decide on, try for a cool anacroynm ( spelling alert ). I'm trying to get "Nippies" to catch on locally ( CHiPs is California Highway Patrol, Nevada hIway Patrol, NHP's or Nippies ). So far, no one likes it much.

      Delete
  3. Considering how very serious everybody takes their internet tribe these days, I'm happy to be a part of the budding White Trash Irregular compost pile.

    I gave up on Creekmore's site after he switched to the Rawles model of having a bunch of his readers produce the content. In parallel they came up with their whole 'Wolfpack' tribe thing and I was really out.

    Just last night I got taken to the woodshed in the Survival Podcast forums for not being a "true Ant" for an opinion I expressed. (the Ant is the mascot of TSP)

    All the prepper secret decoder rings that seem to get distributed these days do not make for a very happy clam. I much prefer the Bison survival comments gladiator arena where Vlad provides non-sequitur links about reloading every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being an old hand, one of my originals, Vlad remembers my instructions to post anything each day, not just on topic. Reason being, who goes back to old article comments? I like Creekmore and think he's a decent chap, but I just don't find much worth reading over there. It ain't bad, just not to my interest.

      Delete
    2. I think Vlad may have been responsible for pointing me towards the light that is the "Bison Way". Been so many years I don't remember. Creekmore is a knowledgeable guy. I still prefer his writing to his contributors. Not much original content. I enjoy this blogs content even when off topic. Lord Jim has such an eloquence with words obviously bestowed upon him by a higher power.

      OK, did I suck up enough to get the T-shirt? Maybe white "wife-beaters" are more appropriate with our white trash moniker?

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure I can ever get enough praise. Please continue, then I shall check your Perminant File to see if you are wife-beater shirt worthy.

      Delete
  4. Love the new moniker -- Team Bison and the White Trash Irregulars. Make sure your minion gets an extra serving from the stew pot.

    When are you going to grace us with another chapter of your fiction book??

    Idaho Homesteader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I only wrote a half hour each workday lunch, I'd have a new chapter every other week. I admit to dragging my feet slightly, using other projects to help prograstinate. I will get off my ass soonest-promise. I like writing it, but I screwed up and never outlined it in the begining. With an outline, I can write filler forever. Without it, I usually don't get started. The next time around I'll do it right ( and with character develpment ).

      Delete
    2. I'm going to shoot for this Friday. Not a promise, just a goal.

      Delete