Wednesday, November 20, 2013

mom, these testicles are for you


MOM, THESE TESTICLES ARE FOR YOU

 

Idaho Homesteader, who all you mangy bastards can thank as her enthusiasm is the only reason I’m trying to write the novel, pointed out a comment that should lead to an article.  While some of us have always marched to our own drummer, most of us just follow the herd.  Safety in numbers, and this might account for Yuppie Survival Scum ( look mom!  I bought these freeze dried testicles to impress you with my earning power! While investing in the Apocalypse I’m worried about my job security! ).  You get to prepare for the unstable future, but not cause any waves with family, friends or employers.  I know I sound harsh at times, condemning all who fail to convert to The One True Way as unworthy blasphemers whose flesh shall be flayed from their bones as they roast in the fiery brimstone fires of Hades for all of eternity plus one extra day.  But I also try to keep reminding you of my long journey to become perfect, if for no other reason than to remind you I’m a lucky bastard Baby Jesus loves above all others and while he took pity on my bumbling incompetence, he won’t be so cool with you.  You don’t have decades to piss around with like I did.  If you’ll consult your mental files, 2030 is the bell curve date on global oil production which will be on par with 1930 production.  If you think tar sands will save us then, you are a moron and deserve to die ( I love listening to the radio commercials as Barrick mines toots its own horn.  Nevada gold reserves 40 million ounces!  We mined 3 million last year!  Go Barrick team, watch us pay taxes to support the community!  Add in the other companies production numbers, and they are advertising their own demise in just a few short years.  And don’t get the irony- this is resource depletion blindness at its worse ).

*

One of my best tools I ever picked up for severing myself from other peoples blindness and my being trapped by that was the book “How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World” by Harry Browne.  It is old as dirt, so don’t try buying in paper.  They go for about $20 used after shipping.  Luckily the Kindle version is available.  When I first read it, I didn’t seem to “get it”, but when I reread it ten or fifteen years later, I realized I had subconsciously absorbed its lessons.  It really is an amazing book.  It isn’t that stupid putrid swill that pass for business leadership books these days ( no “I” in team!  Think your way rich! ) but rather a relic from the days of the Hippie when changing your mind was tried in many different ways ( like yummy LSD ).  Living amongst the lemming herd was never a bad idea.  Peer pressure is for a reason universal and timeless.  But in times of collapse, that is the last place you want to be.  If you are having problems leaving the herd, I heartily recommend this book.  Even in normal times, it will make you a better person, being true to yourself.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,

Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

11 comments:

  1. re Cargo bike Tuesday Nov 19
    It is best to buy a new heavy duty bike.
    Second best is a set of heavy duty wheels.


    http://www.huskybicycles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=eb7acc3f290ee7812b94db92f81b1909&Store_Code=hb&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HD-105
    HD-105 12 gage spokes rated 300 LB

    http://www.huskybicycles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=eb7acc3f290ee7812b94db92f81b1909&Store_Code=hb&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HD-120
    HD-120 11 gage spokes rated 400 lb


    for $100 or so you can put a heavy duty wheel set
    on your bike.
    http://www.huskybicycles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=hb&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=HDWHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

    Being true to yourself, is the whole reason why I stopped reading the Idaho Asshat's American Redoubt megasite, and began to study what you had to say in earnest. It wasn't the fact that I'm just some no-class, beat-down fool, it was the fact that when I began to realize that survivalism was a multi-billion dollar business that the Idaho Asshat was selling to all the so-called middle class white guys that even at the end of society and the complete depletion of the twenty-first century lifestyle, that they could have their running potable water, renewable energy to watch I Love Lucy episodes and have grilled steak seven nights a week, in their hermetically sealed million-dollar 'bunker', equipped with the SOCOM equivalent of cool boys toys and their twenty-eight year old trophy wife and spoiled ethnically-confused children for as long as they wanted. This advertised lifestyle is impossible to achieve for the vast majority of people. Sure mega-dicks like Ted Turner, T. Boone Pickens, Bill and Melinda Gates and Sir Richard Branson can live like that, but one James Wesley Rawles, yeah right he can.

    Like I write every time I sign off, You and you alone keep it very real, so real in fact that I am living better, cheaper and allot more secure these days. This is why I'm a proud member of Team Bison and why I've become a White Trash Irregular. Keep keeping in real James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember it is an industry wide thing. No one individual is to blame. The spokespersons come and go- so don't hate the messanger. Hell, today was invaluable info on fish antibiotics at the Rawles site. I hate the "only rich to apply" message myself. But if it wasn't someone in Idaho pimping it, it would be someone else. And there is, cherry picking, good stuff to be had sometimes. And, thank you very much for the proud membership. It does help, believe me.

      Delete
    2. Just a question sir, where are you getting your information on Peak Oil? The idea sound somewhat plausible, but I'd like to see the data you are using for your predictions.

      Delete
    3. I'm going to butcher it- I'm thinking "Ordelvian Theory". The O word I'm trying to remeber is the Gorge where the oldest human bones were found-the theory is named after that. Anyone help me out here?

      Delete
    4. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

      Please see the following link for information about Olduvai Theory:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olduvai_theory

      The Olduvai Theory was postulated in 1989 by Power Systems Engineer Richard C. Duncan, the founder of the Institute on Energy and Man.

      Keep keeping it real James!

      Delete
    5. I wasn't too far off. Thanks for the better memory. Reaearch this one, minions. Scarey crap.

      Delete
  3. Doctor James, I just filled up my 4x4 Hemi 454 Jeep for $3.00 dollars a gallon.
    And I see hundreds of Dodge Chargers and Mustangs and huge pick'um trucks with V-8's driven by Mexican men and their woman folk in my area.
    I watch the news from 4 cities across the USofA and see the same! Where's this gas and oil shortage you speak of? If a Mexican person of dubious legality can come to our land and drive a gas guzzler without a known means of earnings why should I believe your preaching's of certain oil and gas failure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Easter Island they used all the wood until it was gone. I imagine a lot of it wasted. Here, we pretend the oil is from the gooey earth center and will never run out. We will waste it to the last gallon.

      Delete
  4. That book mentioned above (Harry Browne) is available as a free PDF at stuffthatisfree. Download or read at your leisure.

    Thanks for the recommendation, I skimmed it fast and thought there was some pretty good thought. I have one of his earlier books (How to Profit in Coming Devaluation) or something like that. One of the early icons, the Thinking Man's Survivalist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked his economic stuff, which turned me to the other book.

      Delete