Wednesday, November 6, 2013

king kenya and his amazing lead ammo ban


KING KENYA AND HIS AMAZING LEAD AMMO BAN

Besides bedazzling my cowering minions with my omnipotent shopping abilities as I scooped up amazing deals on 60% wool socks ( and prior to that finding my brand of K-Fart boots half off ), last weekend I also went to the local gun show.  Only the second show I’ve gone to in ten years as there just didn’t seem to be much point anymore.  Any accessories you can get anywhere at any time, so the only reason to go seems to me to buy more guns.  Which I don’t really need.  If I do finally get a shotgun, I can find those at the pawn shop.  Now, our local gun show is smallish, to reflect our population, but it isn’t a two-bit affair either.  They have it several times a year and it is popular enough to attract a Reno maker of AR’s.  So maybe I’m imagining things but to me it seemed a sad and pathetic affair.  Akin to a post-Soviet open market where the poor and getting poorer place their last trinkets out on the ground on blankets hoping for some sales.  It didn’t seem to have that happy-joy-funtime-I’m-a-boy-buying-toys thing going on.  It’s almost as if the host knows it’s dying by parasite yet gamely clings to life.  Time will tell of course, but I don’t think the latest rumor of King Skittles banning lead refining is going to make a huge amount of difference.  It might be mopping up, but the wound was already made prior.

*

Okay, Kenya Kunt closes the last US lead refinery in the US under the excuse of EPA regulations ( the factory could have made hundreds of millions of dollars in improvements but chose not to and so closed ).  Immediately the Net is alive with shouts of back door gun control via ammunition to be added to the prior huge LEO ammo purchases.  Now, this could of course be true IF Obammy was elected instead of selected.  IF elections still had meaning, in theory you could vote back in the Constitution.  HAHAHA!!!!! Oh good Christ on a pogo stick, you people crack me up!  Vote to get back liberties!  Welcome back from Mars, or from under that rock you were living under.  The man was imported and placed in power and does exactly what he is told to do.  He might “win” a few more elections if THEY decide to totally ignore everything in our legal system outright and no longer abide even by pretext.  Who cares?  The point is the good little immigrant House Negro does as told.  It could be more gun control, or it could be the bankers punishing those refusing to get into more debt.  The bankers could care less about the interest on a few measly hundred million.  But it sends a clear message to the others.  Stay in debt or we shut you down.  In any case, if you can actually get powder to reload, and you want lead to go along with that, look up a nearby metal scrap/metal recycler.  Ours sells lead.  They aren’t always in stock with pure lead ( due to reloaders ), but they do carry impure lead.  Stock up now.  And get used to ammo just going up in price.  For whatever reason.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,

Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

17 comments:

  1. I hate to keep beating a dead horse here Jim and sounding like a broken record? But this why I keep pushing to learn primitive archery skills.

    Of course, this kind of presumes that you live in a low population density area where extensive firepower is not needed as a matter of survival.

    Cold, mountainous regions in the northern states tend to keep the populations at bay. Look at relocating if at all possible assuming that you do not already live in such an area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't disagree, it is just that almost none of us live in this low pop situation.

      Delete
  2. Nov 5 Ardmore advised no fire in hostile territory.
    Perhaps a small fire a foot below ground in the
    Dakota fire pit would not be noticed.

    http://vlad-unclevlad.blogspot.com/search?q=pit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can still smell it. At Threat Level Alpha: Stay Low, Stay Still, and Do Not Shine and/or Smell. US Army Rangers are trained to locate possible hostiles by smelling them. I shit thee not.

      Delete
    2. And it only took little farmers in black PJ's to teach The Mighty US Army Rangers that.

      Delete
  3. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

    While this situation would be a bad thing if we a species, couldn't pull our collective heads from our collective rear ends, however if our species has a redeeming trait, it is the trait of adaptation that has made us the dominate form of life on this planet.

    Here's the point: If one takes a serious look at small arms ammunition manufactured for the security services since 1985 one will see the glaringly obvious; ammunition is no longer made with a lead core in the security services chamberings of 9 X 19mm Parabellium, 5.56 X 45mm NATO(i.e. M855/SS109), 7.62 X 51mm NATO (i.e. M80/M107) and the granddaddy of them all the 12.7 X 99mm (i.e. M33 Caliber .50 BMG). These chamberings are all made with the exception of the M33 round(which is in tungsten steel) , in steel for enhanced penetration and environmental compliance.

    Now while this country (the United States) has written into law about so-called 'cop-killer bullets' that penetrate body armor and has prohibited the cheap importation of Chinese steel core ammunition, the reality is more cloudy when Lake City can release numerous lots of brand new M855 ammunition to the public, where any jerk with $56.20 in his pocket can go into his local Wal-Mart and buy 150 rounds of the Federal 62gr FMJBT M855 ammunition manufactured by Lake City this year.

    Due to the environmental regulations making lead refining prohibitively expensive, all some enterprising politician needs to do is rewrite the current BATFE regulations pertaining to steel core ammunition and problem solved, not only for the security services, but most importantly the legions of recreational sport shooters that make up a majority of the productive population of this country.

    Keep keeping it real James!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth is that the smelter doesn't sell to most(all?) ammo manufacturers in the US.

    So, will ammo prices go up? Only if more panic buying starts up again.

    MICoyote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the issue is belief in the vote, not belief in gun control.

      Delete
  5. I'm even stocking up on lead pellets for my Crosman air rifle. It kills squirrels.
    Now for the fun part: My Boots
    I spent 3 months living off of ramen and ditch water to buy these beasts. Were they worth it? You can bet your anal virginity. Soccer Moms and Couch Potatoes can wear what they want , but if you have to beat feet for mile after mile - These are the +10 Boots Of Thor
    http://www.amazon.com/Danner-Desert-Rough-Out-Tan/dp/B00131IISQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383761592&sr=8-2&keywords=danner+rough+out+desert+boots
    Choose your size and adjust your budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on concrete eight hours a day. These $13 K-Mart boots ( the tan 7 eyelet, Northwest brand ) worked great from day one.

      Delete
    2. I wore K-Mart boots for 30+ years, I have corns that look like The First Kenyan.
      The only reason I pushed those boots is that I no longer feel like I'm walking on concrete. Don't you want to leave a lootable corpse ?

      Delete
  6. How do shotshells compare to rifles?
    http://www.reloadbench.com/gloss/rfactspec.html
    20ga 2-3/4" 7/8oz(382gr) 1225mv 1273 ft lb
    12ga 2-3/4" 1oz(437gr) 1290mv 1615 ft lb
    762x39 125 @ 2400 1600 ftlb
    30-30 170 @ 2200 1827 ftlb
    30-06 180 @ 2800 2914 ft lb
    303B 180 @ 2460 2419 ftlb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps it would better be compared to pistols? Because of range.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although the comments on Lord Bison's blog often amuse and captivate me, you folks have really outdone yourselves this time.

    This may be one of the rare articles where the comments are actually better than the article itself. Although commonplace on a place like ZeroHedge, I almost never get that here.

    @Lord Bison - I've never been to a gun show, and I'm not sure I ever plan on going to one. It seems like it may be cool from a human-interest point of view (which is part of the reason that I go to record swaps, coin shows, hi-fi audiophile get-togethers, and comic book conventions), but generally, I'd probably be tempted just to buy a lot of bargain priced crap at a gun show.

    Reading your blog and your e-tomes of wisdom have now made me a cheap son-of-a-bitch that (re)considers everything that costs more than $1.00

    ...and I'm forever grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete