Monday, November 25, 2013

J, I don't give an F, K


J, I DON”T GIVE AN F, K

I swear that a rip in the time space continuum has considerably shortened weekends.  This is the second in a row that I’ve gotten almost no reading in ( of course, my definition of “no” is one hour and “almost no” is only three or four ).  Sure, I sit around for an hour and a half both perking ( about a fifteen-twenty minute complete cycle ) and drinking coffee waiting for the upstairs to warm up.  And a good work-out is an hour and a half cutting brush.  But where the hell did the rest of the sunlight hours go?  One big time suck yesterday was me trying to relearn bike repair.  You can pick back up the art of using the thing ( it’s like riding a bike! ) but evidently working on the things doesn’t come very easy after an eight year break.  Which is how long that it’s been since I changed a bike chain.  You’d think that would have been almost the easiest thing you could tackle working on a bike, but there you go thinking again.  Okay, it was 45 degrees out with a slight wind.  Sweater weather warm, although my hands were a little clumsy.  I couldn’t get the hang of holding on to the link pin and working the chain tool at the same time until I figured out to use an extra link side as a handle.  As I said, the hands were a little cold and I also had snot dripping on my work constantly ( don’t worry, it was clear ).  A simple task, but one you need muscle memory for.

*

Why is it that so many people think it is okay to make a living by pissing me off, making me nauseous and spiking my blood pressure?  I understand that the “news” is sub-Pravda level infotainment.  But when things reach a cultural phenomenon stage and I’m exposed to it even after I avoid the TV “news”, that is when I’m irritated.  Let me put this as plain as I can.  Who The Freak Cares That Some Snot Nose Blue Blood East Coast Preppy Asswhore Was Shot Fifty Years Ago???!!!   As presidents go, he was mediocre.  The only thing going for him was that he was so pretty.  Hey, I’m pretty too, but I don’t go around demanding you worship me for it ( the hair is a different story ).  He either started or escalated the Vietnam war ( depending on who I listen to ).  He couldn’t kill some two bit hood on a small pimple of an island right off our shores.  He started the moon landing, perhaps ( Capricorn One! )- but so what?  Anybody can easily spend taxpayer money.  And as far as averting nuclear war with the Soviets, HELLO!?  Isn’t that in the job description?  Job One, don’t glass over the country.  You want credit for that?  That’s like asking for extra credit just for showing up for your job every day.  Hump JFK.

END

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,

Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

23 comments:

  1. JFK got his ass capped by the world's dumbest commie. The, somewhat lucrative, fantasy is the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy did him in. And people claim I'm delusional.
    If the the Congenital Idiots Association whacked him they would have left a trail as wide and obvious as an LA freeway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My newest theory is that Mariline Monrow gave him syphilus. In an effort to stop an insane idiot from having the nuclear football, they had to kill him. Whoever THEY is.

      Delete
    2. Dammit Jim, I'm a crazy person, not a doctor. But even I can tell you have had too much coffee by the simple fact ... you cannot even spell Marilyn Monroe.

      Delete
    3. Spelling is from lack of time. I never have enough coffee.

      Delete
  2. Nothing good to say about the Kennedy clan. I did enjoy collecting kennedy half dollars when I was a kid. Hmm...thanks for the memories Mr. Oswald.

    bigunsfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Oswald did it, he's the world's greatest marksman EVER.

      Delete
    2. Yeah not like those Italian rifles were exactly known for their great accuracy LOL!

      Delete
    3. Actually the rifle, whose name i cannot spell,was pretty damn accurate. It was cheap because it was from WWI. Oswald was considered a mediocre shot by the USMC- basically he was an Army marksman, not a Marine rifleman - sorry Big Green. As for the shots: it took three; not because there were a squad of rifleman out in the grassy bushy gnarly knobby knolls -- Oswald was a lousy shot. I'm worried about today , not some shit from when I was about to turn five.

      Delete
    4. The army doesn't worry about marksmenship. They have spray and pray.

      Delete
    5. I'm sure you mean cannon fodder.

      Delete
  3. Especially considering he had an antique (not exactly the most accurate) Italian rifle. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. You'd have thunk the CIA could have found another ten bucks in the budget for a better prop.

      Delete
  4. I was in my local gun shop the other day. There was a bumper sticker that said:

    "Where is Oswald when you need him"

    Although I cracked a smile, it is a pretty sick joke. I hate 99.99% of all politicians with a passion, but I'm not at the point where I'm wishing for political assassinations (my desires may be different in 10 years though, given the consistent decline in candidate quality that we've been seeing since 1961). As for JFK, I think he was a spoiled rich kid, just like bush part II. He was probably a bit more noble and smart than bush part II, but only by a hair...and that aint saying much.

    Still, I don't think it is right to assassinate the President though (or anybody for that matter) so I understand why the country gets fixated on this event.

    With the exception of Eisenhower and Teddy Roosevelt, every President of the United States has been either a criminal, fixer, or seditious. When I think about the standards that a US President should aspire to in the 21st century, they should look towards Ike and Teddy.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might want to re-think Teddy. Baldly Imperialist, putting us on the road to today's middle east occupation and all that happened before that. And I'm sure all the gents dead in their grave because of strategic considerations in WWII wouldn't think too highly of Ike.

      Delete
    2. You may want to reconsider Teddy. I may not agree with everything he did but he wasn't anyone's puppet.

      I have a lot of respect for him. Yeah, he was an imperialist man's man but he was at least our imperialist.

      Nowadays our government seem to be working more for the enemy than for us. Teddy wouldn't have traveled the world bowing to all the other world leaders. He would go and kill their men and hear the lamentations of their women.

      Plus, he gave us some really neat national parks. Our current administration locks out veterans and old folks from parks but lets illegal immigrants have a gathering!?!? WTF

      Heck, even Putin sounds more rational and liberty minded than our own President!?!? Look at he Syria fiasco and Snowden.

      Idaho Homesteader

      Delete
    3. Fair comments about both former Presidents, Lord Bison.

      Every President has been deeply flawed for one reason or another, I just find Ike and Teddy a little less flawed than their 20th century contemporaries.

      Teddy was an old school "progressive" (none of the faux old school FDR commie progressivism nonsense). He wanted corporate money out of politics, and made some good moves on that front. I absolutely abhorred his foreign policy, but thought that his adherence to the gold standard was admirable (even though I'm not big on gold "standards" - I think we should actually use precious metals as money, and not have any paper, or "standards", to represent them).

      As for Ike, he was a career soldier, and he was commander or the allies, so the WWII vets that did make it home probably owe him just as much as the American KIAs are probably hating him from beyond the grave. He was a Ward Cleaver kind of guy (sanitized moral compass and all), which is not necessarily a bad thing when stacked up against the rogue's gallery of drug-addled sexual swashbucklers we've had in office for the last 50 years.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey, I turded in the tub a time or two. Theres a childhood issue for you. But I don't share it with everyone.

      Delete
  6. IH and Clam- valid points. You could love or hate ANY prez by picking and choosing. I absolutely love Reagan, and would nominate him for best of the century, but he had plenty of faults. Setting the precident to borrow madly first and foremost. And, on Putin, I'd pick him over Obammy for our next prez ( Obammy might pull a Putin-go for Vice next with a figurehead for prez, then come back for eight years again ).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you'd like the guy for the rumors of what he did (Marilyn Monroe) and what he was going to do (force the Bankers to let go of control of the money by making the federal reserve either stick to gold backing the notes, or by just closing them out with an exec order).
    Of course that is all just rumor but is probably the BEST reason I ever heard for his assasination on live TV, and for the botched investigation of it.

    -Grey

    ReplyDelete
  8. One last thing: Where is the love for Gerry Ford? The dude had two crazy chicks try to off him. What kind of president do you have to be to have angry vaginas trying to whack you? All men with ex-wives can stand down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that was to throw us off the scent, or just practice for a CIA appentice ( mind control )?

      Delete
    2. Did you ever see those gals? Squeeky Fromme? Baby Jesus would have cut and run.

      Delete