Wednesday, October 30, 2013

SBJABOBno4


SBJABOBno4

ANOTHER BUG OUT BOOK

WHY NOT?  GASOLINE

 

A great reason why the whole bug-out concept blows monkey testicles is gasoline.  Obviously, we take the substance for granted.  Which is the whole problem.  Baring an overnight catastrophe such as an ELE size asteroid or a massive solar flare or Obammy Drones spraying modified barnyard flu spores, you’re looking at pretty good odds that the supply of gasoline is going to restrict.  Whatever finally lite a fire under your ass to get the heck out of Metropolis was probably also screwing with your supply of dinosaur juice.  In an economic collapse, do you think that you will lose your job, the welfare checks will stop coming, the ghettos will burn, and yet the gas stations will STILL stay open?  If I’m a station owner, and Tyrone and his buddies are pissed and wanting crack, I can’t figure out I’m a target?  Sure, you hope against hope you don’t get robbed and pistol-whipped.  You wait until it actually happens.  Then you close down.  Yes, super stud ninja survivalist, I understand you have a garage full of gas cans.  But nobody else does.  As soon as you fire up your armored Van Of Doom and start rolling, you announce to assorted pillars of society that you have the gas.  I understand your thinking-don’t think that I don’t.  You are super special because daddy’s law firm sent you to Harvard.  You make big bucks advertising late night for anyone wishing to join in a lawsuit suing the makers of an erection medicine which caused dingus cancer.  Subconsciously you really believe that the natives will pause in awe of your superior status and allow your highness to pass.

*

This disease afflicts many who make too much money ( well, never ENOUGH, am I right Biff?  Chip?  ).  They at first realized, or were at least taught, that many Bad People ( usually of different hues, although class trumps race anytime-so they are enlightened in their own fashion ) are out To Get Their Money!  The Horror!  The Horror!  This causes them to buy a protective cocoon around themselves ( also, incidentally, this perfectly describes the difference between Preppers and Survivalists.  Money and luxury protection are the Preppers Thang.  Life protection is all that matters to survivalists ), which over time tends to cause them to forget the very people who caused their fear.  As they go along staying protected, they begin to go from fear to haughtiness.  YAH!  Those rascally scoundrels Can’t Touch This!  Denial and self-delusion, not just for rednecks reading The Enquirer in trailers.  If those without want, they WILL take.  And as soon as they realize the Thin Blue Line is in trouble they will once again rise in righteous indignation and smite those above them on the food chain.  Think French Revolution.  And think how little time the masses will take to ponder if taking from YOU is good or bad.  All your shiny toys, peacock feathers and status symbols turn into targets.

END     

The Old Bison Blog on CD
Over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon ad graphics at the top of the page. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  For those that can’t get the ads because they are blocked by your software, just PayPal me occasionally or buy me something from my Amazon Wish List once a year.
*
Contact Information, Links To Others, Survival Basics, My Newsletter Book, Frugal Survival Book, Life After Collapse Book, Post-Apoc Movies, ( free ) Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! ) My Other Free Books,

Homesteading For $3k Book, Top 20 Survivalist Fiction, Land In Elko, Blog Book, Lord Bison
*
If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:
www.BisonPress.com
*
My books on PDF available at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=james++dakin&sorter=relevance-desc
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

 

11 comments:

  1. You know on that last bit and also the jab about tyrone, it reminded me of a question I was pondering late last night, that is; how is it possible to tell when looters turn to violent hoardes? I am supposing it's when they start lighting cars on fire but, I could be wrong. Oh and not only is the whole fuel thing an issue but so is finding a way out. But, what about a bicycle? Of course I think the people you are trying to reach are those attached to their cars among other "necesities". There is something else about the "bug-out" concept. It seems that if a person FEELS there might ever be a reason that they would need to leave their current residence for an unspecified amount of time, maybe they should move? Then again I guess when you are trapped in a 30 year mortgage that is in reality going to take the rest of your life to pay off moving isn't really an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole book can be boiled down to: bike out to a buried cache. But, I'll still get 15k words out of it and charge a buck anyway. Five years ago, the whole Bug Out paradigm changed when the banks screwed every mortgage holder. You're right, now they are all stuck, by and large. The last laugh will be on the bankers, but they'll take most of us down with them.

      Delete
  2. Despite what most people think - BOB is spelled SUV. Think I'm joking? Read a few of those "What's In Your Bag" posts. Jumping Jesus On A Pogo Stick! If Shit Goes Wild then you are most likely gonna be walking out of Urbania/Suburbania. How far are you gonna go with 100+ pounds on your back? Even a 25 year old Ranger would soon crumple under that load.
    As a Navy SEAL once said: "Its called a Go Bag, Not a Drag Bag". Learn some skills and leave the shopping to Priscilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niot A Drag Bag. Never heard that one before. I like it.

      Delete
  3. check your paypal thingy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

    I appreciate the rant against the most popular of the North American Liquid Motor-Transport Fuels. As a owner of a few ancient diesel-fueled autos, that have the word "DIESEL" badged prominently across the rear end, while they won't take the fuel, they'll just kill me and take the ride, when either I run out of ammunition or they get smart and pull a bum rush composed of 50 to 75 individuals, who are willing to die, killing me, so that some disfranchised bastard can drive off away from the intersection of death. No doubt that internal combustion unarmored vehicles are merely a convenience in good times and a coffin in bad times. However, due to my soon-to-be former employer's job site requirement, I'm stuck here in the desert Southwest, so either way due to my ethnicity, I need to leave as soon as possible, as to avoid getting 'cleansed' by the majority population. I'm going to need the convenience of a internal combustion to get me and mine along with all the storage out to a ethnic majority rural area, so until the relocation is complete and I can get my buckboard wagon to cart me around (pun intended). Yes James, Gasoline is the curse of North America and the sooner its gone forever the better! Keep keeping it real James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be vulnerable, but you realise the weak points. Sounds like you're pretty squared away because of that.

      Delete
  5. Easily one of my favorite articles by Lord Bison.

    I've read it 5 times now.

    Way to go, Jim. This one is fantastic. I especially like the clear distinction between a "prepper" and a SURVIVALIST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much thank you! Repititious reading is the ultimate compliment in my book

      Delete