Friday, September 13, 2013

evil shower dudes


EVIL SHOWER DUDES

Today, a little bit of this and that.  I got sidetracked after a minion pointed out what an idiot I was for thinking any gunpowder was available for sale and went searching online the whole time I should have been reading my morning survival sites trolling for ideas.  I don’t know what I was thinking other than when Rawles announced AmmoMan was selling 308 for 70 cents after shipping –and even 303 Brit which was a surprise- I assumed ( yes, the dreaded ASS-u-me )  that the severe shortages had abated somewhat.  But there is not a grain to be had throughout the land.  So I was totally wrong there as well as the Jack In The Box statement ( I don’t know the bastards are in Oklahoma as I never saw any ).  Not a stellar day for me yesterday.  Of course, in my defense they are really, really, comparatively speaking killing me at work.  The donations are up yet again ( substitute sales with tax write-off donations ) and with the local slow down ( but not a crash, alas- and I’m not sure why gold is down a hundred unless those CONEX dudes are going to have to try to pay back with bucks because the physical gold was over promised by a factor of a million or whatever and they are trying to lose less by manipulating the market down ) our number of clients are skyrocketing and I lost my steady volunteer about a month ago so I have to do much more. 

*

The ad graphic above for The Breakers series is for a highly recommended book.  I’m about two thirds through it and I’ll tell you what- if book four ( the series is book one through three ) was $10 I’d still buy it.  The writing is that good.  This would be a book I normally wouldn’t touch with your junk, as it commits the ultimate sin of “everyone dies off about immediately and leaves oodles and gobs of food for the 1% of survivors to live happily ever after”.  This sin was what makes me shoot blood out of my anus at high velocity when it comes to “Earth Abides” and “The Stand”, two books I never consider worthy.  And, on top of that, the books involve alien invasion which while I sometimes allow ( the Jerry Pournelle & Company book which I don’t remember the name of was one I’ve read two or three times ), mostly I class with zombie crap.  Yet, this guy can write- he sucks you in and doesn’t let go.  I would recommend you buy it today, since the series is on sale for a mere, measly, inconsequential 99 cents.  This is hours and hours and days and days of reading, folks.  For a dollar.  I paid more than that so it must be on sale to promote book four.  Buy while it is this cheap.  The author gets 35 cents and I get 6 cents if you order this.  Come on!  Stop being a tight ass.

*

We talked about evil yesterday.  After the apocalypse, your tribe is treated fairly and strangers are the enemy, they themselves are evil just for not being you so it is okay to perform evil acts on them.  Yet, if you want to act with as little evil as possible, just do all you can to minimize acting badly.  Always choose the least bad thing, even if it cost you.  You aren’t really doing evil then.  As far as intentionally being evil, going all Genghis Khan trying to subdue other kingdoms though fear, just keep in mind that he was actually acting less badly.  In the long run, the instant surrender of a city at the sight of the invaders meant no one was killed.  And then he treated his subjects rather well ( these things being relative for the day ).  Yet, this is kind of like how the US is acting today.  Give us your resources basically for free ( protection racket ) because you are taking our toilet paper dollar in exchange.  This is a country once renown globally as the bastion of freedom now invading at whim and trying to Native American the inhabitants ( genocide their ass, this time through radiation instead of smallpox ).  My point is, when you blow your credibility by acting outwardly evil, not even trying to pretend you are a liberator ( that song and dance is only believed by potential American cannon fodder, not the locals on the sharp end of our imperialism ), you can’t go back.  Beware acting evil for short term gain if you want trade credibility later.

*

I’m watching a bit of programming between all the commercials the other night.  Here is a commercial for a new built walk in/sit down shower/bath for seniors.  There are testimonials from actual customers, and let me tell you what- these bitches are so brain dead, a bit of a give away with the halted stammering barely legible speech- you can’t help but assume they hit senility several cases of Depends ago.  They would have had to, because the commercial proudly states that prices “start at ONLY $150 a month”.  What?  ONLY?  That means the tub remodel isn’t for the waist high door with molded bench seating model, but instead is only the regular shower with a small fold down seat and a hand bar.  How much does this company charge for two ex-cons to go to your home and install a simply wall hugging fold down seat and a bar to grasp as you shuffle in?  They don’t say how many months but I doubt they end until your death.  The first thing I thought was, how much is a single piece plastic lawn chair?  $10? $20?  Just park that in your shower.  If it is thick enough plastic and won’t bend you can lean your weight on it to enter the shower stall.  Obviously these guys are nothing more than senile senior preying con artists, akin to vinyl siding phone scams.  Now, THAT’S evil.

END

 

21 comments:

  1. Your Bisoness:

    I must tell you that you are fantastic, brilliant, more intelligent than that guy Hawkins. You are amazing.
    I'm surprised that enemy agents have not taken you to foreign lands to explore that brain of you.
    I just wonder "WHAT THE HELL THE U.S.A. IS GOING TO DO WHEN THEY LOOSE YOU."
    Your talents are being wasted. I personally going to work to collect signatures to award you a NOBEL PRIZE. A well deserved credit.

    Thank god that we have the opportunity to listen to you. You are like a new messiah.

    Thank you lord bison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not positive but I might be detecting sarcasm. The polite thing to do is start a paragraph with:
      ***sarcasm mode on***
      and then end it with":
      ***sarcasm mode off***
      please follow proper Netequette

      Delete
  2. A couple years ago I had some elderly people stay with me for a month. I upgraded my shower. Put in heavy duty grab bars and made it safe. I think I spent less than $50.

    The lack of powder and ammo has kept me from shooting as much as I'd like. Don't want to cut too deeply into the stockpile as it can't be replaced -at least for anything like a reasonable price.

    Just glad I spent a couple years building up my ammo stocks when it was cheap. That was easy to do when .22s were less than $15/brick. (yes, I've wheat too -leave me alone!)

    I think that machine produced grain is one of the last things that will go. My guess is that the last of the oil will go for tractors and tanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but like ammo, will you be able to buy wheat even as they make it? This is why I'm paranoid. It doesn't have to be drought. It can be the 50% of our imported nitrogen fertilizer being diverted to China. Or our 60% of imported oil used to run machines diverted. We might still be eating Soylent Green, if we are lucky, but no grains available to stock. If they don't outlaw stockpiles, they can just buy it all up themselves and keep it, none available for private transactions. Like the ammo. Just as our hiways will soon be just like airports. Be paranoid.

      Delete
  3. Went into the local WalFart Stupid Center today ta purchase my licence to kill Bambis' (opens tomorrow morning along with hogs) for Archery.
    Asked the dude if they were going to get any black powder stuff this year. Dude said just lookie right over there guy...Low and freaking behold there was one pound of Pyrodex left !! Needless to say it went home with me along with no less than 500 Caps !!!! The Gods was kind at Walleys. Sorry you couldn't score Jimbo.
    I'm just about finished with book three of the Breakers series, I agree, it's good reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost hate to curse myself, but I'm beginning to wonder now if Wal-Mart ammo is going to be sub-par ( I ask since all my rimfire is from them )like every stinking thing else I've bought from them the last year or two. Quality is job zero over at those bastards.

      Delete
    2. I did find some varget and 500 small rifle primers in a sporting goods store in Montana two weeks ago. Also 300 .223 62 grain bullets for $179.00. I know I know I have a plastic rifle. I buy what I can when I find regardless of the price.

      Delete
    3. Soon, the money is crap and the supplies are gold. I hear ya. I can't get powder so I'm buying rounds. For 95 cents delivered, in small batches, I'm happy.

      Delete
  4. The Jerry Pournelle & Company book which I don’t remember the name of was one I’ve read two or three times.

    Footfall.

    MICoyote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it wouldn't dredge out of the muck of my memory.

      Delete
    2. Footfall started out well, but I seem to recall that it ended somewhat like a bad imitation of Well's War of the Worlds.

      Delete
  5. I know from a guy in the industry that a major gun manufacturer had a couple recent bad years of horrible quality. Didn't matter as they could throw guns off the truck and they'd be bought before they hit the ground. In the last year things have been fixed. *lost government contracts but there's some expensive crap poodle shooters out there. A lot of them won't have much ammo run down the tube so they'll never know unless they really need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! Made In America is patriotic. How could that be bad quality? Why, look at Gooberment Motors.

      Delete
  6. Evil is those SOB's who call me up every 2 hours and announce that they are "I'm Dr. Robert J. Scrunchey, and old people fall down". No shit? Really? Also: some anonymous chick says the FBI is warning people about home invasions - the FBI are the ones doing the fucking home invasions. What the forking mortar forking Hell is wrong with this ... Resistance is futile ... you will be assholinated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY RUSSELL

    In another comment you said: "but 200 rounds is a pretty heavy load"

    Are you serious?

    Or did I misunderstand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A typical combat load is 200 rounds of ammo (or less), three days of rations, some water, and a whole bunch of gear.

      For .308 ammo, two hundred rounds weighs over 10 pounds. That is not a big deal over short distances, but for long distance movement, that is a significant adder. And this 200 round load can easily be expended in a matter of minutes (even with a bolt action) if care is not taken. It is one of the huge advantageous of being the defender.

      Having some means to carry extra ammunition (the Marines were trying something out not too long ago that looked an awful lot like a gulf cart) is huge.

      In the comment I was taking about a novel where the squad was doing some long distance off road travel.

      Delete
  8. HOLY COW BATMAN!!!

    Now he's giving advice to the old farts on how to save a buck in the shower.

    What's next, commercials for Ben Gay? Maybe some advice on how to care for dentures?

    You still didn't tell us how many books you have on herding????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give advice on everything. If you are silly enough to listen...

      Delete
  9. Just finished the 1 year supply of wheat. Feels great. Quick question: can you wax poetic on why (or if) one should change multiple geared bicycles into single geared bicycles? Any bicycle trailer advice would be welcome too. I think my bob will be a bicycle / trailer combo.


    On to years 2,3,4 of wheat + misc now.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look back a week or two. "sbj-abob" I believe the article was. On why single is so much better than multiple gears. Lots of wheat is a narcotic. Keep it up.

      Delete