Friday, July 19, 2013

I want you to want me


I WANT YOU TO WANT ME

 

Other than Detroit declaring bankruptcy ( and oh gee willicures ain’t that just such a random titillating surprise ), I can’t see much in the way of exciting collapse news.  And who the hell wants to talk about the nation’s premier ghetto going belly up ( and it ain’t even much of a ghetto compared to some Third World ones )?  You couldn’t figure out that a Rust Belt city would have a tough time paying its bills or keeping the lights on forty years after our manufacturing sector started imploding?  That five years into Peak Oil perhaps an economy 100% dependent on petroleum might see some problems?  This crap ain’t news folks.  It’s merely confirmation.  I did watch about an hour and a half of the “Dust Bowl” program on PBS last night.  That was interesting.  I didn’t realize it was such a small area ( half the Oklahoma panhandle, up into the Kansas corner, over into Colorado to the Mountains and a bit into Texas ).  Or that most of the “Okkies” coming into California weren’t from the Dust Bowl but in other areas as displaced tenant farmers.  Or that it wasn’t the Highway Patrol that tried to stop the immigration over the California border but Los Angeles city police.  But be all that as it may, still not enough to make today’s article idea.  No, today we talk about human need and desire which was inspired from all places by a “picking up bitches” book a Top Tier Loyal Minion sent me ( to qualify for this high status position, send me books ).

*

I normally can’t stand these kinds of books, stirring up memories of long past days of desperation when I had read one or two ( I never could pick up gals at a bar.  The one time one picked me up I chickened out-she was married and hubby was in the field-and the rest of the time I quickly became too interested in getting totally crap faced drunk ).  But this one, discounting the last third which was a bit creepy in its manipulation advice, touched on evolution and anthropology so I rather enjoyed it ( if anyone cares I’ll eventually look up the title- right now I’m writing quickly on a slightly shorter lunch break so I have no extra time ).  In short, whether picking up bitches or interacting with the boss, you can’t be needy or desperate.  Need puts you below the other on the social ladder.  And then they have all the power and you are subservient.  When picking up gals, this automatically disqualifies you from being desirable genetic material.  The fems may use you, for your money or your freakishly large manhood, but you are still being used.  You aren’t “egg worthy” ( to paraphrase Elaine in “Seinfeld” ).  You need to always be the one others need, not the other way around.  Because fems are geniuses at picking up on subconscious tells.  You can’t fake this stuff, telling yourself to act confident, or watching your body luggage.  They can see past that ( the Selfish Gene lies ).  You actually have to NOT need them.

*

All this was intuitive to me, after years of being stupid and trying to think logically ( if I please her, she will please me ) and finally after years of failed relationships I came to the conclusion that I was just going to stop trying.  If they wanted to be with me, they could just please me.  If not, see ya.  I certainly can’t believe it worked, cause I’m poor, skinny, not too pretty and have a bad attitude ( my hair just inspires envy in other- it ain’t a very good attribute ).  I just finally got the attitude there was plenty more bitches out there.  If you wanted to be with me, I’d support you and protect you, but first you had to tow the line.  Prior to that I’d just sucked ass ( I always attracted them, but this was being at a higher financial level in my class due to my job, not any other personal attraction ) and was always demeaned, dissed, way undersexed and miserable.  NOW, finally, I know WHY.  I had stumbled on to the answer, just not realizing why.  If you need, you bleed. 

*

Look, most of us think they need a relationship.  I mean, we do.  This is how we are programmed.  We are enslaved to our DNA and you can’t shake that for love or money.  The problem comes when you begin to need a specific individual.  Then, that individual holds power over you.  Because you need THEM, they hold the relationship cards.  Yes, you need a mate.  But any mate will do.  If one doesn’t perform to your expectations, show them the door.  You will fall in love again, because love is chemicals.  It is okay to need a mate, but you can’t need one particular person.  It isn’t a life long war, you needing to always show dominance.  But lines need to be drawn, with consequences.  And you can’t even waver, because deep down you need to know yourself you don’t need.  It has to be second nature to you, and then others sense it and act on that subconsciously.  And it is exactly the same at a job.  Yes, you need a job.  But you can’t need that job you are holding or applying for.  By living cheap, having no debt and having savings, you aren’t as dependent on a job as most people.  Deep down, without faking it, you can hold the “screw it” attitude.  I’ll do you a favor, stay here at this job, do darn good work, but if you try to hump me I can easily quite without thinking twice.  The guy one paycheck from being homeless must constantly suck the bosses ass, toady to him, debase himself to the boss, ON TOP OF working really hard.  Because of need, he is subservient.  NEVER BE NEEDY. And, obviously, this applies double after the Apocalypse.

END

26 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like it.
    Nice anthropological principle.
    I am glad I am already teaching my child it- when ever others try to manipulate the child (say for example the "you cant join our club house") 'shrug, walk away' and find something more fun to do. It works. the other kids very quickly turn around and try to get ours back to play with them.
    Go along to get along is fine, but if they try to make you feel bad or get in trouble or otherwise manipulate you, 'shrug and walk away- you dont need them there are games on the kindle, or the dog, or etc.'

    Speaking of dogs, ever notice how they seem to always NEED their master/pack/human attention?
    We LIKE being needed but hate not being needed or being ignored.

    Class clowns for example are trying for the attention, if you pay attention you are going to NEED them for entertainment later...

    Now we have computers. They only need us to turn them on, then we need them for all of our entertainment, comerce, etc. They could take over in a heartbeat if they were as smart as a dumb dog.

    -Grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we are packs also, just like dumb dogs. You just need to be smarter to manipulate others into evaluating you higher on the pecking order- as your kid is doing. It would be funny how stupid most of us act, if it weren't so sad. A little thinking goes a long way.

      Delete
  2. Jim, you giving advice on interpersonal relationships is like Holder giving advice on improving race relations. Please, stop with talk regarding wimmen. Stick to the end of the world. -SemperFido

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are looking at it wrong. It doesn't matter I've failed so many times. Its that I keep attracting a new one right away. I'm still a stud. But forget that. Apply it to others like the boss and in-laws and co-workers. Yes, you are indeed welcome.

      Delete
    2. Jim's pointing out more of the book's message that humans' nature is still wound up in our DNA.

      Granted, the book wraps it's message in a "pick-up" book wrapper but the pick up stuff doesn't show up till the last third of the book. That's the part Jim called "a bit creepy in its manipulation advice" and where I took lotsa notes.

      Success Seduction & The Magician by Daniel Stocko is the name of the book. I got the book because of it's description "Human beings could effectively be described as gene perpetuating survival machines, governed by instinctive subconscious gene perpetuating survival mechanisms." and cause it was CHEAP! Actually cause of the DNA stuff.

      Strangely my interest in DNA is causing me to reevaluate my Judeo-Christian beliefs.

      Gil

      Delete
    3. Yep.
      I have always found it easier to get a job while I have a job - no / less desperation, and the other employer obviously likes me (even if I have only been there 6 weeks).
      When you genuinely feel you dont 'have to' it changes your attitude, and others attitude toward you.

      -Grey

      Delete
    4. My "funnist" job was a second job at the movie theatre. Free movies, free popcorn ( back when they made it out of yummy hydrogenated coconut oil ) and I could quit anytime I wanted.

      Delete
    5. Gil- I think it's funny as hell we are such slaves to our DNA. We go to school for years to learn why, then STILL revert to form and abide by its will. DNA has end-run our "intelligence" through chemical warfare and people act like thats impossible. We are just dirty stinking apes ( although some of us are much more magnificantly coiffured than others ).

      Delete
  3. I've seen your hair.. might want to cling to the none needy theory my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't dis on the hair. I have plenty of room on my "Top 1,000 Pukes That Will Be Liquidated After The Collapse By My Army Of Minions". Oh, you'll have a bit to wait, after the bankers and lawyers and politicians and my ex-wife. But we'll get to you!

      Delete
  4. Lord Bison of the Great Basin and King of Coiffure;

    Today's article is absolutely spot on! Not only does the thinking person NOT need a significant other, the thinking person does not need anyone who does not deliver the goods upfront and with a smile. The thinking person knows that like anything else in this world, including themselves are replaceable within five minutes of need, this is what killed FDR, not that he was addled with polio, but that he got the hubris that all self-important people get when constantly confronted with epic events, he considered himself irreplaceable, and that's when the banker fascist stroked out and passed away, well then we got another banker fascist, Truman, who sold the store to Israel, screwed the Arabs and thus our collective fates were sealed, all because that New York humperdick thought he was better than his fellows. He didn't think, he was deluded and it killed him and set us on the road to absolute tyranny. Don't bother with others you can't positively control, you'll regret the attempt. Keep keeping it real James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we can all say that FDR lived WAYYYY too long and it was a miracle he did. I think Satan himself kept him alive ( so, if that's the case I'm using "miracle" loosly- more like "unbelievably" ).

      Delete
  5. So right you are....

    Two personal examples:

    1.) I worked for a company that treated me...well, average. During that time, I received a very healthy settlement from a previous work-related accident.

    When that happened, and they knew I didn't need their job (which I was quite good at) - their treatment of me changed like you wouldn't believe. All smiles and good buddy this and that.

    I wasn't behaving any differently, I just didn't "need" to work for them any longer.

    2.) My current wife (of 15 years)... back during the courtship days she kept playing the "I just want to be friends" game. Well, I finally got enough of that crap and told her, "I want more than that, I already have enough friends." And then I essentially said, "Adios."

    Shortly thereafter, when she came to realize I was stone serious, everything changed.

    Like I said, that was 15 years ago.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why some people think I'm such a prick when I point out the obvious they can relate to. I don't invent this stuff, just pass it on. Here is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad that I finally realized that it's just a smelly patch of skin which one can do without. Life gets so much simpler once you overcome that urge to splurge lol

      Delete
    3. Hmmm. Sounds a bit like an evolutionary dead end. Glory to smelly folds!

      Delete
    4. Suppose that only matters if your genes are worth propagating eh. Most are not...

      Delete
    5. The only problem with me propigating my genes is they are diluted by half from an unworthy.

      Delete
  6. I think it was "sponge-worthy" on Seinfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I surely wish I had learned this seventy-some years ago. Boy, would my life have been different as a female growing up in the Fifties and entering the work force in the Sixties. Better late than never, though. Thanks, Jim. I own your books and re-read them. Any guy who admits to running around the house in his skivvies and drawing down on the cats is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You re-read them? Now THAT'S a compliment. I mean, I re-read them myself. Mostly because I've written so much else afterwards I've forgotten how wise and witty I was. And I love myself. I just didn't pictures others doing it. Thanks, you've made my Monday.

      Delete
  8. RCBS hand priming tool mod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXWi0ZtBoYs
    (Re video - I do not place my hand over the mouth of the case in which I am seating a primer.)
    If you turn the RCBS Hand Priming Tool upside down the primer seating rod falls out.
    Disassemble the priming tool.
    About an eighth of an inch from the rounded end, file/saw a thin notch about 1/3 through the primer seating rod.
    Grasp the end of the tool operating spring with ViseGrip WR5 and bend the end of the spring half closed.
    Press the primer seating rod through the spring. The half-closed spring will grasp the notch near the rounded end of the primer seating rod.
    Reassemble the tool.
    Turn the tool upside down if you wish. The primer seating rod won't fall out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vlad. Another Helpful Hint for you ingrates.

      Delete
  9. Nightshift here.....we are seldom worthy of Vlads great wisdom and equally humbled. Fun and informative post Oh Great Haired One. Anonymous 4:51 obviously does not yet understand the great hair. LOL

    Nothing new from the southern front. Divorce is final. Later your highness.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm woried. We haven't heard from nightsoil. Seriously though, glad the Sheet Spitting is done. A lot of needless stress. Be happier, be safe.

      Delete