Tuesday, April 2, 2013

happy monday


HAPPY MONDAY

I was reading Ol’ Remus this morning, no offense but sadly the highlight of my week anymore, and I was once again impressed with his way with worlds as he essentially said “the collapse has already started and all the advice out there to get ready is a waste of time anymore- you’re there, almost there or screwed if you keep waiting”.  In the spirit of that, let’s just talk about after the collapse rather than why it is happening or how to prepare ( you can still last minute prep.  Basics are still affordable and you can still move out to paid for junk land.  But when that sucker goes over the waterfall it will go quick.  How many more warning do you want?  I got a catalog in the mail last night from Sportsman’s Guide.  The first time, EVER, I haven’t seen ammo for sale.  Take from that what you will ).  Today, I put on my Super Ninja mask and deftly steal from a minion.  In one of our conversations he stated words to the effect “I’m screwed after the collapse but will have fun before they take me down”.  His location assures destruction regardless of preps but he’s going down in a blaze of glory, guns blazing, a crap eating grin on his face as he smites his attackers, taking as many with him as he can!  Right on, brother!  That is the attitude to have.  We are so jam packed with worthless mouth breathers surrounding us it is going to be hard to avoid the hordes attacking ( even a homestead in a sparkly populated area is not all that safe.  Rule of thumb- if you have power lines, there are too many people surrounding you ). 

*

It took me several years of study before I started stockpiling, mainly due to the legions of Yuppie Scum Survivalists ( this was before the current crop of same ) out there with only one mode of advice- spend oodles and gobs of money.  Today, with the changes in our economy and the vast increase in our population, the advice is still the same but even more so.  Now it takes even more money to continue your Yuppie existence after a collapse.  But it is all mostly bullcrap.  There are still too many folks around you, they are all desperately scratching after the same pile of money in an elusive pursuit at acquiring the best breeding stock ( which always backfires on them as plastic surgery and other modern medical procedures can cover up generic defects- you buy a pig in the poke and then get screwed for life as the bitch uses the law to drain you financially ).  Mortgages and SUV payments leave little for preps and as the collapse intensifies they will all attack you ( most likely, if you have neighbors your OpSec will eventually be compromised ).  As stated earlier, if you aren’t willing to put serious distance between yourself and others, you are screwed.  I know I am.  Unless the timing is just right and the economic collapse kills all the local jobs BEFORE the gasoline runs out ( as well as the highways still being opened, an iffy proposition given the jack booted tendencies of TSA ) and all the folks here flee, I’m screwed come the end.  Too many folks here with zero resources.

*

I don’t hate Monday’s like I used to.  Before, having to work management to support my curtain climbers, working just plain sucked.  It is no accident that my kids coming of age coincided with my improved writing.  I was able to step down economically, work a monkey spanker job ( a job so lacking in brains, you could do it while spanking your monkey ) and reclaim my sanity and focus my mental energies on something important ( entertaining you slobs ).  Now, Monday’s are okay.  Not sleeping in sucks as 4:30 comes plenty early, but that is the only thing I don’t look forward to.  So, I can actually act happy on Monday.  And since that just simply annoys everyone no end, their displeasure feeds on my happiness.  I don’t know if you can tell, but I love being annoying.  And forcing myself to act happy actually eventually makes me happy ( kind of along the lines of Think And Grow Rich- yes, a scam for gurus taking consulting money, but The Power Of Positive Thinking does work ).  This is what you want to work on for the collapse.  Convince yourself that it is okay to die.

*

Now, don’t get your knickers in a bunch.  I’m not talking about suicide or Death By Cop or giving up or anything else.  I’m saying that giving our reality, that the odds are good we will die ( 100% for non-preppers, 90% for preppers.  Better odds, surely, but not great ), why not make peace with it an enjoy yourself?  Be aggressive and combatant and homicidal, approach this with glee and enjoy it ( come the appropriate time, of course ).  Your last moments will be enjoyable, and that attitude itself ( heartfelt, not forced or faked ) might actually keep you alive.  Don’t embrace death as if you were a miserable 60’s rock star seeking a muse at the end of a needle, but as a berserker Viking eager to sit in Valhalla and enjoy a never ending tankard of mead after each day of fighting.  Embrace life, and embrace a good warrior death.  That doesn’t have to mean charging recklessly into battle.  You can ambush your foes, slinking away afterwards.  The challenge is to work on despite fear, not to prove to others you have no fear by seeking a public death.  Just as with a true athlete, you are bettering yourself, not others.  Stop trying to live til you are 80.  It’s okay now, in the Oil Age.  Come collapse, old age is not only suckass, it is probably unattainable. 

*

I keep forgetting to remind you.  The last three days I posted Kindle survivalist fiction reviews.  Check them out:

END

NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM. It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side. But I think I'm worth it. My cut will be about $5. That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*








Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )







*

If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:


*

My books available at


*

Kindle Survivalist Books


*

By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. I was watching Youtube today and found this gem:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bqYI1Z68jM

    Bio-Sand Filter Part 1,2&3 - Youtube


    Lord Bison already covered this subject on the Bison Blog:

    http://bisonsurvivalblog.blogspot.de/2007/01/sand-filter.html

    Here's a pdf with more info:

    http://groenenergie.co.za/doks/Biosand%20Filters%20in%20Nepal%20%28MIT%29.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You keep track of what I write better than I do.

      Delete
  2. She-it all them suckers out there act like they're gonna live forever any way. Most of the preppers that I'm associated with or seen on TV are so stinking fat that they couldn't waddle their way out of trouble. Not so for the Bison man whom peddles many miles daily ! Kudos there Bro !
    Those that know me and I've tried to convince to prep have been flat told that the only thing they will receive from me is a severe case of lead poisoning. Funny how they refuse to believe in prepping yet are quick to believe in lead poisoning. lol
    Besides that I tell their Yuppie asses that I'll be long gone out of dodge before they even realize that S has hit the prop. They are more than welcome to my crap I've left behind he he.
    Hell, it ain't about surviving to 80...rather it is all about being the last man standing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all respect to your magnificent folicularly bestowed cranium, I must disagee about planning to die. That is a worst case scenario and indeed must be planned for, but there is also a high likelyhood that many who are now living will be able to live to 80+ and that eventualality must also be prepared for.
    The reason for the low AVERAGE lifespans of the prior darkages was due to many people not planning to live long, not being prepared and many children dieing very young. Even with those issues most tribes, towns, and cities, had at least a handfull that would reach their 70s and a half handfull that would surpas that by decades. True it wasnt expected that EVERYONE would get that old, but that SOME would was never questioned.

    If you count on dying young you must either choose to fail or fail to prepare. If you count on living forever you will prepare for 90 but fail to prepare for 49... Count both chances into your plans and be ready for a lightning bolt in the next minuet or an errosion into sand in the next millenia and you wont be disappointed.

    -Grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that old age, everything else being equal, might not even suck as bad w/o all the corporations trying to poison you.

      Delete
    2. The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the way of the samurai.

      Delete
    3. Be prepared for death and surely you will live, be focused soley on surviving and death will find you.

      Delete
    4. Damn, no wonder those Samurai dudes were always so sour looking. What a way to start out your day. Of course, it could have been eating that nasty rice for breakfast, with the same for lunch to look forward to. Plus, if they dehulled the grain for storage, no fiber! Your morning grunt and strain, followed by more rice, followed by visualizing horrid death. And we whities were the uncivilized ones.

      Delete