Monday, March 11, 2013

nuke the economy


NUKE THE ECONOMY

Before today’s half thought out and last minute construction of an article ( more and more often my Internet connection is starting to resemble Obammy’s foreign policy-hit and miss.  Yet again I’m half way through my morning admin duties and the connection severs so I’m forced to start writing before lunch.  I’m not a huge fan of change ) can commence, another very short word on our good buddy Richard S. and his novel “Collapse”.  I finished reading it Saturday morning and while I still adore it for the writing I must warn you this is not really an Apocalypse story.  I would call it primarily a disaster story with a militia element added.  It isn’t really about a collapse, unless you think that the federal government will be largely unaffected by everything falling apart ( and the rebels have the resources to fight back ).  Yes, huge natural disasters and global war and people dying, but it doesn’t have a post-apoc feel to it.  Still highly recommended, I loved it and am waiting impatiently for the sequels.  But you should know what you are buying.  Okay, I just got done responding to a few comments ( which I just know everybody reads because my minions greatly expand on my knowledge base and can oft times catch me on something stupid I said- that alone should be entertainment enough ) and I made a flippant response along the lines of an economic collapse being just like our last Cold War with the Ivan’s- you never know when the nukes will suddenly strike. 

*

We’ve been in an economic collapse for a few years.  2007 technically ( or, if you prefer, 2005 was when the conventional global oil peaked and the pressure started to build for the collapse ) but I think most of us look at 2008 as Year Zero.  Now, when the Great Leaders Of Western Civilization got done wiping their asses from where the Central Bankers were finished sodomizing them ( all politicians are nasty skeevy amoral whores who sold their souls to Lucifer ), they cranked up the propaganda machines ( Goebbels Model 03 ) and started denying all evidence of the collapse and tried to pass it all off as The Great Recession.  I was pretty pissed about that deception, but actually now in hindsight, it is pretty accurate.  Oh, it IS a collapse and not just a hiccup.  Don’t misunderstand me.  But looking at the last few years, the effects of all the Can Kicking is actually making this into a mere recession.  The difference being, since there is no cheap energy to the rescue the end result is going to be collapse.  Everything being done to keep all the corporations and bankers in business will make all this end very badly.  But, hey, what difference does it really make?  We are double dog humped with the end of the oil age, so just thank the bankers for the extra years of prepping. 

*

So, here you have artificial stimulus propping up the economies of the world.  Which prolonged the start of the collapse.  But all that stimulus is also going to cause the whole thing to collapse faster when it does start.  So, instead of a month long collapse in 2009, we are going to have a weekend long collapse in 2013 ( I’m not forecasting this, merely using the date for illustrative purposes ).  So, the two things to keep in mind is that, one, this bitch could catch on fire and crash at any time and two, don’t think that because the collapse was put on hold for four years you have all the time in the world.  The effect of the stimulus was that things acted like a recession, but after all is said and done this is an illusion.  If you keep on with Business As Usual, you are betting your life on that illusion.  I understand that humans are herd animals.  It is hard to separate from the herd.  When you run screaming from the cities, insisting that the End Is Nigh!, you endanger your position in the herd.  This is very scary and I certainly don’t blame you for hesitating.  Yet, if you are a survivalist, isn’t this separation from the herd what you want?  Aren’t you an evolutionary oddball ( the only type that survive cataclysmic events )?  Or are you just playing at survivalism because of the cool toys, just another consumer?

*

If an economic collapse can come at any time, and if it is going to be worse because the medicine thrown at the disease ( kind of how like chemotherapy can kill you even if the cancer wouldn’t ), what makes you think you can survive if you are still in the city with a mortgage?  You think you can buy some junk land then?  We are already at the point where there is almost zero ammunition to be had ( a hundred Greenbacks for a friggin box of rimfire!?! ) which has led us into serious discussions of reverting to blackpowder and crossbows out of desperation.  Soon to follow will be grain shortages ( forgot about last year’s drought? ) and goodness knows what else.  Time to prep is from zero days to not too long in the future.  The one thing I love about Rawles advice has been his historic insistence on getting out of dollars and into tangibles ( we just differ on what those tangibles should be.  Remember, your choice is two months of MRE’s or ten years of wheat ).  If you don’t listen to me, at least listen to your hero.  Act as if tomorrow it all ends, because one morning you will wake up and it has.

END

NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM. It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side. But I think I'm worth it. My cut will be about $5. That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*








Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )







*

My books available at


*

By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

6 comments:

  1. Believe that I'm paying attention. Went out this weekend and got another 100 lbs. of rice which I don't even freaking need lol but it's there and it's still sorta cheap...Also picked up another $50 in powdered milk. I tend to buy it a little at a time so that I've always got a two year supply on hand that is fresh.

    On the Bow thing...This is a subject which you know that I advocate ! So what it takes a bit of practice to get good. I have 4 compounds and 4 recurves for when I have to start making my own shafts ( compounds being to powerful for wood shafts ) Also have one of the mentioned Crossbows, though it is not preferable because of its limited range and it also is much noisier than a compound.
    Working on the Flintlock stuff now...
    AIN'T no stinking poodle shooters in this boys stash. Rawles's ilk can have their AR's

    Keep it real James, as only you and a few others know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://sixbearsinthewoods.blogspot.com/2013/03/dont-stock-up-on-ammo.html He isnt one to panic and post the same thing last week.great minds think a like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a youngun I had a decent bow ( when I was even younger I tried to make my own Injun style but all our wood was crap ) and the best use I got out of it was to shoot flaming arrows ( almost burned down the place ). That way my terrible aim wasn't as important. I just think that since most of us don't have the practice time a crossbow is better. And see, I'm not the only fool thinking it is time to buy grain before it dissapears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flaming arrows don't always work. Once upon a time at a redneck family reunion far far away in Wisconsin...my cousins couldn't get the flaming arrow to stay lit on its 100 yard flight to the massive gasoline-soaked brushpile. What did work was an uncle trailing more gas away from the fire and attempting to use a match. However, said uncle was standing in a gasoline vapor cloud which immediately exploded on its way to exploding the brush pile. The wind rushing back towards the fire after the initial explosion was enough to suck ball caps off heads. Poor uncle's exposed skin was hanging from his limbs in shreds. He needed skin grafts. Maybe this whole oil shortage thing is good afterall. Maybe it is just safer for us. Hell, I'm gonna miss family reunions when the gasoline is all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed , with the drought in India this year and ours from last I can easily see severe shortages upcoming.Especially if we have another this year.
    One can become very good with a modern compound bow in a short period. So far as practice goes 10 minutes a day is optimum. With a couple spare string set ups you are good for go, for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you only need 10 minutes a day, that means I have little natural coordenation, since I'm sure I got that plus. It wasn't a compound though.

      Delete