Tuesday, March 5, 2013

little mormon town


LITTLE MORMON TOWN

Before we start today, a word or three on other matters that have stuck to my mind.  Yesterday I’m doing the twice weekly run to the next hick town and so instead of being in the food bank I’m tooling down the highway and listening to His Most Royal Wanker Glen Beck.  He started talking about His Most Royal Asswhore Obammy and how the gooberment bought up all the ammo so as to start a gun/ammo shortage and in effect this amounted to gun control because there was no supplies of any kind to be found.  I scratched my magnificently coiffured scalp and thought for a moment.  Hmmm.  That sounds familiar.  Oh, yeh, I got it.  That is pretty much what I said a friggin week ago!  I say it and that nugget of wisdom falls through the cracks and is lost to humanity for all the ages.  Beck says it and the men have an orgasmic moment as their sphincters contract, women swoon and proclaim their desire to have his babies.  Where is the damn justice in the world?  Glen’s underpaid research minions, if you did indeed read it here first, tell Glen he is a bloody twat and I want a mention or three on his show.  That way, rather than talking about silly wet dream fantasies like frack oil lasting a thousand years, they can hear about something useful.  And I could really use the income boost if my readership increased that much.

*

Here is yet another lesson at my expense teaching the importance of testing your damn prep supplies.  I wanted to put another propane stove upstairs ( the old one came down into the Bison Pit Of Doom ) so I dug around and came up with my fifteen year old unit I bought for Y2K.  The kind you put a disposable propane tank underneath and it holds up a single burner.  I paid $15 way back then, when silver was under $5 an ounce so the cost today would be over a hundred bucks.  I do remember thinking at the time that was damn expensive.  Hell, the gas was only around a buck each.  Anyway, I was spending fast and furious back then so it wasn’t a huge deal.  But thank goodness I never had to use the overpriced piece of runny dog crap.  The gas comes out so fast that after only heating up four pans of water it had run out.  AND, the prongs over the flame were set up so high almost no energy gets to the pan.  I threw the friggin thing away.  So, I go and get my spare, new in box, duplicate of our two burner camp stove I buy at Wally for $25 ( whatever the generic is, Ozark Trails or something like that ) and open her up.  The thing is about a year old, and I had never opened it up, wrongly assuming that it was a duplicate of the one I’d been using for five years.  Almost, but no cigar.  The damn thing had the pan setting up WAAAAY too high.  I threw rack THAT away and took some cast iron burners off my junk trailer and put those on.  Why these idiots want to put what you are cooking three or four inches above the flame is beyond me. 

*

Per Rawles site this morning, one mans relocation to a nice little town out in the middle of Nowhere, Nevada.  The town was under 300 population and half way between Reno and Las Vegas.  Hell, I think the county itself only has a few thousand people.  I’d LOVE to live in a setup like this.  Alas, all is not perfect in paradise.  Don’t get me wrong, there are worse plans.  If you want to live in a very small town with a huge wilderness buffer, this ain’t bad.  But, as with all things, even my near perfect plans and schemes and ideas, there is always a downside.  To paraphrase, “The Mormon church is very active locally”.  My translation, “the church pretty much runs the place.  Okay, you could have it worse, like living in Yankeeland.  You could have a far more evil and corrupt church in charge ( or at least one that allows your son to be molested ).  My concern would be that this is now a target for surrounding communities.  First, the general perception is that LDSers all have food stored away.  True or not, if you are Mormon you will be a target if you are isolated.  Second, all the Mormons I’ve ever met are uptight Yuppies when it comes to money.  You want to live amongst that?  Third, come the Apocalypse, all gentiles might be proclaimed witches and burned ( and in the middle of Nevada, with very limited farming potential, there WILL be a need to get rid of excess population ).

*

I didn’t research long enough to discover if there is any surface water here ( an absolute must ), or how long it was to drive to Fallon, but it looked close enough to be a potential issue.  Here’s your boots on the ground report of the area.  Folks from California moved into Carson City and turned that city into a huge shiny craphole.  Working poor folk had little choice but to move outside the city limits, driving long commutes to any job lucky enough to be found.  After the highway corridor had been built up for about twenty or thirty miles, along came the second wave of Yuppie Scum, elbowing out all the poor workers and turning the corridor into a newer version of Carson City.  They overbuilt using California bubble cash out wealth, and now they are WAAAAY over the limit of the available water and sewage and road and energy infrastructure.  From Carson City to Fallon is one long McMansion city with no jobs, not enough water and overvalued land.  This area will not do well at all economically.  You don’t want to live too close to that mess, trust me.  In your midst you have a potentially evil potentially intolerant religion ( nothing against the LDS, any group will act the same come collapse- the main thing is they are so damn organized and clannish that any evil will be amplified and pronounced ) and to your northwest you have teeming masses of Yuppie Scum unemployed and desperate.  Just something to think on.

END
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM. It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side. But I think I'm worth it. My cut will be about $5. That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*
Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.
 

 

14 comments:

  1. I'm LDS and even I wouldn't want to live in a majority Mormon town.

    People take themselves way to seriously when they start getting too holy.

    Idaho Homesteader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IH, glad you still are reading. It's nice that one of our guild ( professional theatre "fire" shouter ) is watching and listening.

      Delete
  2. I grew up in the LDS religion and very well understand most all the nuances. I think they pretty much have declared me a heathen and do not bother me any more. Probably cuz they don't know where I am heh. Not too many of the church down here in Floriduh... Bet that surprises you that I was raised as a good lil Mormon boy. I'll have to admit that a whole lot of good values were instilled in me at a young age...Then came the Army and afterward College in southern calif. There went the good lil Mormon boy lol
    Have to say that thankfully the stocking of food and being self sufficient stuck. Not all was lost.
    Still say you'd be better off finding a squaw up at the Res in Duck Valley. Lots better country up there and water !! Then too that fair skin might not fit in well and those golden locks would be a tempting trophy come the day. Specially after the gov. checks stopped coming hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have stayed with Mexican gals. Better cooks, among other things.

      Delete
  3. Let me give you a little help here...

    First, go into your DEEP thought mode.

    Next, ask yourself this: What would the feds have to do, in order to PISS US OFF so bad that THEY, THEY, THEY (KEY WORD is THEY) are going to need hundreds of millions of rounds of .223 and .40 s&w????????????????????????????????

    If you can get this one right, I'll send you $20.

    Multiple guesses don't count.

    You Know Who

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shouldn't I get multiple guesses?

      Delete
    2. Easy James, take a zero away from that ten dollar bill and effectively suddenly a hundred becomes a Ten.

      Most likely tho he's looking for the gun confiscation scenario.

      Be my most likely guesses

      Delete
  4. Gabbs, NV is a bit too close to the california border for my comfort (should TSHTF). And in the meantime, in a town of 300 it can be mighty tough to secure employment that you find acceptable and will pay enough. Plus, even if you live outside of town, EVERYONE will know of you. In a town the size of Elko, especially if you live just outside, you can be nearly anonymous if you wish.

    As far as the Mormons go, I've liked everyone of them I've ever met. They are honest, smart, articulate and hard working. But something deep in my spirit says that not all is completely forthright with that sect of Christianity. Their founder claims to have received a written history of North America's Natives from an angel written on pure gold tablets. God himself gave Moses the Ten Commandments written on simple stone. I doubt that God would let one of his underlings out-do him in pure gold just so we could know the reason why some people have 'red' skin. I simply can't believe it.

    But Nevada does have vast expanses to 'bug-out' to. It will always have that going for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, even in just our county alone, folks get lost out here for good. As for weird Mormon scripture- no outsider can understand a tribes rituals and convictions. Only the members need agree/understand.

      Delete
  5. Well there are worst places. Back to Amno. I feel bad for the ones that did not stock enough long ago. Could it be the shortage is designed to limit the ability of us to fight back! They will want to use all the amno they have been buying. They can take over the amno factories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The factories will start closing due to lack of raw materials, or else they will move exclusively to govt. orders.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you mentioned the Beck show. Jim, swallow your pride and shamelessly write them that you need to be on his show! If you're HALF as interesting to watch/listen to, as you are to read, they'll be onto you like "flies on dag" (the excrement on a sheeps bum). I mean, how much can it cost them for them to fly you out for a test screening, or whatever it's called?

    No, this could be your financial salvation. Best case scenario: you become some sort of Licensed Critic of the United States. I wish I could remember the article I read. It made the point that Hunter S. Thompson and some other bloke became "safe" Court Jesters in the MSM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm confined to the Great Basin as my comfort zone. Leaving it is too dangerous ( "Charlie's on the other side of the wire!" ). Even for too many Greenbacks. As for Hunter, a free spirit if there ever was one, his weakness ( in hindsight ) was his conviction you could change the system from within. I think a widespread notion of Hippies.

      Delete
    2. Yes, the changing of the system that the hippies (and others) tried to do failed.
      Because:
      You cannot change the system from within and
      You cannot change they system from - as long as circumstances that the system takes advantage of are existing in any way. From pressuers both within and without AND massively changed circumstances you MIGHT be able to slightly change a minor subsystem as long as the larger system still can utilize it as before.

      So find a small sub-system you are most comfortable with that is undergoing changing circumstances and become both an insider and an outside view point and push for only the most minor of the most essential changes due to changing circumstances.

      -Grey

      Delete