Wednesday, March 13, 2013

forgotten books.org


FORGOTTEN BOOKS.ORG

Well, continuing with yesterday’s article slightly ( I guess I could have gotten a whole articles worth out of just Kurt Saxon.  Hell, I didn’t even touch on how someone else is running the web site, almost as if Kurt is confined to his hospital type bed in the basement and an evil friend is cashing in on his fame.  Since the man hasn’t written a word from around the late 80’s on [ if memory serves me correctly ] it would be quite easy for him to “live” until about age 108 ) let’s talk about old timey books.  If you go over to Kurt’s web page ( yesterday’s article.  Also, once there look at the comments section for a great treatise on post-Apocalypse adjustable strength eye glasses ) and look up the titles he is offering on CD or DVD, then go on over to:


You will perhaps be able to compile a library much cheaper than Kurt’s evil twin is offering.  They claim to have a million books, all of which are offered in paper or e-book.  They are the publisher of the books by Oscar Guttmenn on the industrial scale manufacture of black powder ( it has a very long title which starts The Manufacture Of Explosives.  Just do a search under the author ). 

*

Here is what I find new and exciting about them.  They lure you in with the first five books free.  This is a trial period, then you must subscribe.  BUT.  What makes the cost worth it, perhaps ( I actually didn’t have time to research into it further ), is that once you get the book at a nominal cost, you can then order the printed version.  When I bought the explosives book mentioned above, it was a mere $11 with free shipping ( since I did the Amazon $25 deal ) for a thick printed book.  If you think you might ever be in a position to provide information to your Supreme Overlord after the Apocalypse on building his arms industry to curry favor ( or at least stay out of his dungeon ), this is an invaluable resource.  Already printed out and quite cheaply.  So, very cheaply they offer e-books, Kindle versions and printed books.  And you don’t necessarily need to know what you are looking for.  Once you find or order a book they have the software, just like Amazon, which recommends other titles to you.  I’m thinking this is a hell of a better source than Kurt’s $150 DVD.  You can pick and choose exactly what you need.  I wish that I was getting paid by the company to tell you about them, but alas, I remain independent of commercial interests.

*

A quick word thrown in here that hopefully you won’t forget.  If in the event I’m ever double dog humped by Google ( I once received a weird message about an unacceptable comment.  I removed it, just that single one [ which wasn’t as offensive as the other hundreds of rants and racial slurs I used to get back when I didn’t moderate comments ] and they never contacted me thereafter.  I think the whole point of the exercise is to verify there is a human administering the thing still.  Yet, why not stay paranoid and assume they will try to censor me, right? ) and they pull my Blogger account, I can still preach and rant to you daily.  I’ve retained my web site:


I have nothing there other than a redirect to here, but in the event Blogger is down I’ll start printing my daily articles there.  I don’t do it now since more than a title page and I’d have to start paying serious money to them again.  Just remember- Bison Press.  Lord Bison and his printing press.  Don’t forget, there will be a quiz later.

*

I’m kind of thinking that 2013 is going to be the huge year of anal violation for all of us.  You would think that the number thirteen would be lucky, but not when you start getting the government, karma, mother nature and Loki and Coyote the Trickster Gods involved.  First off, there was the matter of The Very Worst Winter Ever In Recorded History here in Elko.  That started off the year on a wonderful note.  Then, I got sicker than I’ve EVER been.  Yes, a result of either Obammy’s Barnyard Flu Version 5.0 or the preceding uber-cold weakening my immune system.  But let me share just how sick I must have been.  I’ve always been a meat and potatoes guy.  I take vitamins daily, especially mega-doses of Vitamin C, and about once a month I crave a big green salad.  Since I got sick I’ve had an unending craving for fresh uncooked greens ( real lettuce, like Romaine, not that fake crap Iceberg ), one I can only satisfy by eating two or three salads a week.  And that is still going on weeks later.  I never missed a day of work, although I was a zombie sometimes, plus I always threw up an article for you guys, but I must have been close to death if I’m still needing bunny food.

*

Next up this year, I find out that Obammy The First Half Breed Kenyan Muslim Mule Molester is going to hump us the very first thing next year.  You don’t get to decide to NOT buy health insurance and then pay a fine a year hence.  Oh no!  He has notified the tax prep places to inform their clients that if they can’t show proof of insurance immediately, first of the year, the gooberment fine gets taken out of their tax returns.  So, less than a month after the start of mandatory health care tax, people start getting fined for non-compliance.  I guess I never wanted to see another tax return again.  I wish I knew that a month ago.  I spent all my return, less $30 to buy a coveted book ( Playing At The World, unofficially known as The Geeks And Nerds Official Definitive Study Of The Game Dungeons & Dragons ) to pay off one of the wives  medical bills.  That takes me from $200 a month payments to just $100, but I guess that is the last big return check I’ll ever see.  Bastard!

END

NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM. It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side. But I think I'm worth it. My cut will be about $5. That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*








Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )







*

My books available at


*

By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

5 comments:

  1. "Hell, I didn’t even touch on how someone else is running the web site, almost as if Kurt is confined to his hospital type bed in the basement and an evil friend is cashing in on his fame."

    He had a weekly program broadcasting over the shortwaves James, as recently as the 90's before his health had apparently started to decline? Here is a website where some of the audio files can be found:

    http://www.octobot.net/library/KURTSAXON/website/audio01.htm

    I think that the guy running his website is his son? Same last name anyhow? The poor man's James Bond purchased from good old Loompanics, was my first exposure to Mr Saxon; pretty interesting guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was how I first heard of him also- about '79 or so I believe. Well, first was Poor Mans from SWAT magazine and then I got Survivors from Loompanics. If its his son, cool. I would support that financially. Although I think my scenario was much more exciting.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info links !

    Try a modern Compound, With a trigger release, peep sight and pin sight it is virtually as easy as with a rifle. Finger shooting with a recurve is very hard to master and takes many hours and days to get good.
    I can take a total rookie with a decent modern compound and have them shooting within a six inch circle after an hour lesson at twenty yards. Even you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, i'll plead total ignorance of compounds. It sounds pretty good. Problems with compounds repair wise after collapse? Or will a simple spare string do the trick?

      Delete
    2. Not if you can lay hands on a Hoyt Bow from 2000 on up to the current ones. They are built for a lifetime of use with zero mechanical issues other than sting set up replacements. Only requirement other than Strings and cable sets for spares would be a press of some sort to change them out. There are many inexpensive ways of doing this.
      Not to say that other brands won't suffice, Hoyt just happens to be the toughest out there. They stand behind their stuff. They are the only bow that is rated to withstand multiple dry fires (about the harshest thing you can do to a bow ! )
      Just make sure to find one that is a maximum of 60 lbs. as you too are an old fart and more than this is hard and not necessary especially for rookies.
      I'd be happy to help ya out with info any time.

      Delete