Monday, March 18, 2013

bankers haircut


BANKERS HAIRCUT

Now, I know a lot of long time loyal minions already understand how my beautiful mind works, but for you new folks ( who constantly dribble in to replace the minions who fled after being unable to glare into my brilliant light ) while it might seem at first that I am babbling, seemingly reporting “what I had for dinner last night” or even worse “what I did during my summer vacation”, in the end you shall discover that this all ties together and makes sense.  And, if not, then I’ll just blame you for not paying attention.  This Saturday the road leading out to the Bison Compound finally was dry enough to drive on ( although the Grand Canyon ruts are a different story ) and so for the first time in two months I rented a car and took the Ball And Chain into town for some R&R ( surprisingly, sitting around all day has NOT deflated and flattened her ass, and it is much harder work than I was aware ) for her and some grocery shopping for me.  It is much easier doing a monthly shopping than making extra trips on my bicycle, although I have done so many a time, and it is far easier filling up the propane tanks with a car.  So, while it  might seem at first that the boss gets to drink beer and gamble ( Nevada is great not because it makes alcohol, gambling and whores readily available, none of which interest me, but because it is the last state to be so busy up in your face micromanaging everything you aren’t allowed to do ) while I play House Bitch, it still is a net gain for me.

*

I of course bought another hundred pounds of wheat and buckets for it ( I tried to use free buckets I got from a Food Bank donor restaurant but NO new lids would fit them so I’m back to getting Home Depot buckets.  For those with questions on their toxicity, please refer to the bottom of this article for the link to “Survival Basics” and on that page click on the link to “Storing Wheat” ).  Surprisingly, the wheat price increase after two months was only 1%.  Feed Stores are pretty good keeping their prices somewhat stable over time.  If you act promptly on bad crop news chances are good you can beat any price increases.  I then preceded to spend a God Awful amount of money restocking the cupboards after nearly four months of drawdown.  Last trip we hadn’t really bought too much for various reasons so I bought about $200 in groceries and toiletries ( after having the TP cupboard stuffed for years, for the first time we were down to one package ) this time.  With dinner/gambling/beer, I was down $300 plus a hundred for car rental.  Not a huge deal, as I’ve been stashing most of each paycheck this whole time.  A lot easier to do now that we have Direct Deposit at work, although I’m well aware of the danger of the banks stealing it all.  Right now I have major work coming up on the bike, I’m going to visit Dad in a month and the wife goes to see family in Nebraska this summer, so the surplus is parked at the bank short term only.

*

As I’m peddling into work this morning, a figurative lightning bolt hits me and I remember that Sportsman’s Guide used to have 303 British blanks.  It says “extended case” blanks, which I take to mean one will have to trim back the excess and everything else about it is normal.  I hope.  It is weird that no one has bought them all up since they are sixty cents a round after shipping, and this for a boxer prime brass case.  I was able to order 375 rounds.  I don’t know how many they have in stock, but I wouldn’t wait if I were you if you need some.  I might have been able to order more, but $225 is enough of a hit to savings, especially after the grocery trip.  I figured that this was literally my last chance EVER to order ammo for Her Majesties Own rifle.  Well, half of the needed components for ammo anyway.  Now, after I ordered, I opened up the package that had come in this weekend ( the other package was a surprise gift from a mysterious minion- a charge controller for the solar panels and a USB hub.  I needed the charger as I had used my Faraday caged one for the Pit, and I have wanted a hub for my home computer.  How do minions know what I need?  Spooky.  And very, very, appreciated!- thanks!!! ) and it was the Loompanics book you see at the top of this page as the advertised Amazon graphic link.  I had ordered it, finally, since this is the book my very first paid for writing appeared in.  Back in the day, Loompanics paid for writing they included as articles in their quarterly book catalog ( then, the articles went into a book collection ).  This was “The Walter Mittey Papers” ( my very first survivalist publication ) #9, about the coming gun controls.  Prominently quoted was “Ammo is a lot harder to manufacture than guns.  Get it now while you can”.  Copyright 1993.  Twenty friggin years ago, bitches!  Am I good, or what?   

*

As if that wasn’t enough of a coincidence, next I’m surfing all my regular sites and the talk of the town is the Cyprus issue where the banks just might start collecting an extra tax, otherwise there is no bail-out for that country from the EU.  The Central Bankers are being very generous, “only” wanting 3% on small accounts and a “mere” 9% on the rich.  Everyone is all worked up, figuring that once a tax on bank accounts goes into effect, not only is their country next, widespread bank runs will ensue.  My first thought was, damn, glad I just ordered that ammo ( remember, I am off grid and get no news over the weekend, so all this surprised me ) because a bank holiday will make e-commerce a bit difficult.  My second thought, after much deliberation was, hmmmm.  What are they really trying to pull?  If you remain sufficiently paranoid, one might conclude that the banks WANT a run so as to have an excuse to declare a bank holiday.  Just something to think about.

END

NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM. It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side. But I think I'm worth it. My cut will be about $5. That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance. Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article. You can purchase anything, not just the linked item. Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire. As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase. Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*








Improvised Munitions Book, ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )







*

If my Blogger page ever goes down, I will start to post at my regular web site:


*

My books available at


*

By the by, all my writing is copyrighted. For the obtuse out there.

 

9 comments:

  1. OK..... this I gotta hear. Tell us HOW you are going to make the extended brass usable???

    By the time you get done dicking around wasting your time and money you would have been better off ahead just getting a part time job for a week and buying the real stuff.

    Sometimes being frugal (CHEAP) and being stupid are the same thing.

    Oh... and don't give some BS that there is no real stuff available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn dude! A bit hostile. The brass is not to "dick around with" now but if I ever need it in the future. It is just stockpile for after the collapse. I have enough "real" ammo now to last a long while. Just as I have multiple years of food yet keep buying more, I also figure you can never have enough ammo. As far as a second job, you are reading the results of that, you friggin ingrat. The only reason I still love you is that I'm that magnanomous. You are welcome.

      Delete
    2. A simple tube cutter is enough to remove excess length on a spent brass blank cartridge. Then you resize it and trim it to nominal length.

      But you won't learn that on the internet, because you have to be confronted with the reality of the problem to know that.

      And this is something most people don't do.

      Delete
    3. Simple, and I didn't think of it at all. Many thanks!

      Delete
    4. Wow....

      Somebody has a bug up his ass.

      There ARE more civil ways to pose a question, you know.

      Wassmatter baby, wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever not giving you any lately? Or maybe you sprained your hand and aren't getting any anything at all.

      Chill.

      Delete
  2. Sold 23 AR-15 "clips", 1400 5.56, 800 9mm, and 420 .45 for $1650. Still looking to sell another 20 AR-15 "clips".

    Unless you cashe, you only can carry so much ammo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no such thing as ar 15 "clips" here in the great state of obamaland illinois that ammo you sold would have gone for over 1 dollar a round and ovr 15dollars for each ar15 mag 556 ammo is going for 45 dollars abox of 20

    oh and anonymous 744 you are a friggin dirtbag everyone has differant ideas of what they will do when tshtf... maybe you are just jealous cause you didnt think of his idea first

    denny

    ReplyDelete
  4. CU in Nebraska
    Siezing on your idea I ordered 7.62x54r blanks for my Mosin. The PPU banks for those rounds have more than enough neck to work with. The case even starts to taper where it would normally end so trimming to length was very easy. We eyeballed it and then measured with a micrometer and it was almost dead nuts on. Some truing and neck sizing and we were in business. primers fit good and our test sample has gone through 3 firings so far and no signs of splitting or failure. It is a bit labor intensive the first go round but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's nice I'm not talking to myself.

    ReplyDelete