Tuesday, January 1, 2013

talken to a stump

TALKEN TO A STUMP
Sometimes, just sometimes, we actually realize how futile it is to talk to most people.  Most folks can coast through life squandering God given talents, and they readily embrace the opportunity.  Even the all mighty high professions such as medicine can support these people as an approved body of knowledge is memorized and applied.  No where does common sense or problem solving or critical thinking enter the picture.  Memorize and apply.  I’ve seen it in more than one profession ( most frightening, in more than one case with nurses ).  The military is oozing this kind of training from the pores.  I bring this up after reading this mornings “Woodpile Report” wherein an article from elsewhere is reprinted on the logical necessity of embracing a pro-gun attitude ( written for those just confused by the mishandling of the issue by the media ).  I read most of it and was impressed by the level of the professional, and the solid logic of the case.  Then, after a few minutes pondering, I realized it was all a sad waste of talent and time.  The article won’t change anybody’s mind.  If logic changed peoples minds, no teenager would fail to heed a parents advice.  The only thing that changes fundamental programming is pain.  We all have to repeat the mistakes of the last generation before we learn, and anti-gunners need to either be mugged or car jacked or be placed in a concentration camp after being waterboarded by the Homeland Jack Booted Thugs to change their views.  They might profess to see the path paved by your logic, but they won’t fundamentally change.  They will give you a “yeh, but…”.  As in, a few more “common sense” laws can’t hurt ( as if one needs any more laws after the Ten Amendments ).
*
Look at my pathetic corner of the universe.  Common sense and logic take a back seat to prior programming every single day.  You would think that if my average Loyal Minion didn’t agree with my basic premise of low cost preps for a hideously dangerous future he would mosey on over to the Yuppie Scum Survival Sites where shopping will save the day and nothing bad will really ever happen anyway.   Instead, it seems it is much more fun to attempt to poke fun at all my logical, well researched conclusions.  I could write millions more words to sway these folks by logic and nobody would change their mind.  It would take a hit over the head by a cannibal to do so.  And by then it is too late.  So why bother?  Other than to hear ourselves talk so eloquently?  Damned if I know.  I don’t think there is another reason.  Only the fence sitters are moved, and they don’t need to have their minds changed as much as just get the last piece of the puzzle they themselves have put together.  I know I don’t do it for the money.  Hey, don’t think I don’t appreciate it.  The December Amazon commissions are going to kick ass ( and I’d also like to thank Sam for your care package and Gary for your mail with the money order ).  I love you all, there just ain’t enough of you to allow me to quite the day job.
*
And Boy Howdy, if there ever was a day I wish I worked from home it is today.  Twelve below and hours later it is still below zero.  All to work three hours.  Job security is getting to be more and more work anymore.  It’s friggin Canada here this week.  Screw you Yankees, you fools love that kind of weather ( why else live in that crap hole?  Which reminds me, Gottdamn Yankees and all, Kunstler had a great article this week ).  Me, I don’t mind the cold weather.  It keeps more Californians out.  Just not this cold, please.  Okay, I’m on the freeway ( it is faster to hop the freeway to go from one end of town to another ) this morning- speaking of bloody monkey feces for brains Californians- and there are two idiots impatient to get to God knows where so they zoom by the right side line of semi’s doing a reasonable 60 in a 65.  If there was more than one car length between them I would be shocked and awed.  I guess this is how things are done on the Left Coast.  Talk about rigidly embracing your Happy Place in the face of all danger.  I suppose the thought process goes like this:  I am special, being a Californian.  Since we are The Special People, it follows our schooling is the best.  Being the best, my Drivers Ed trains me to be a professional race car driver ( I don’t know if you’all still get taxpayer supported drivers ed.  In my day it was school funded AND mandatory.  I think a lot of places are privatizing it now with budget cuts ).  Since I’ve yet to get in a serious accident, this is obvious.  And since my time is more valuable than anyone else’s, and I’m a stud driver, I can drive like a rabid humpstick with impunity.
*
I imagine with the Anti’s it goes like this.  I’m a Wonder Bread middle class suburbanite.  I was SOOOOO smart I graduated college with a degree in XYZ.  I’m a professional.  I get paid as such.  Nothing can change that.  So, it follows that crime personally directed against me is impossible.  Why else do I pay high taxes to the police?  They are here to protect me and my neighbors.  If they ignore the ghetto, those poor Third World skin tones who I pay taxes for in my infinite compassion, it is only because I’m smart and they are not because they stay there.  Why police an area that pays no taxes, right?  Because only the Thin Blue Line protects me from being a victim of the Angry Ghetto Dwellers, it follows I can’t question their ability to protect me.  How else could I live in a protective bubble that shelters me from reality?  As the Po-Po protect me, there is no need for guns.  To admit guns are needed, I’d have to admit my bubble existence is a sham.  College and mortgage investment thus are vindicated.  Sigh.  All is well again.
*
Always try to slaughter your sacred cows.  They might attack you otherwise.
END
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM.   It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side.  But I think I'm worth it.  My cut will be about $5.  That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance.  Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article.  You can purchase anything, not just the linked item.  Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire.  As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*
Improvised Munitions Book,  ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted.  For the obtuse out there.

13 comments:

  1. I love Californians. Especially with ketchup. -SemperFido

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the Pit of Doom doing for heat retention?

    You have a monster Low pressure hanging out up near Alaska. She keeps having babies and the babies shoot across the west, bringing you Canadian weather, ehh? It's our changing weather.

    You getting much snowfall?

    Really wish you had speakers. This guy has some interesting things to say about the weather/solar/space.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iryg_u32WMs&list=ULH-_e60eOsuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The B-POD was doing fine until we dropped to below zeros. Now slowly dropping. Lows mid thirties instead of 40. Inside usually five degrees more, but there is all that body heat. Yes, I know, an imperfect design. Not an "honest" underground dwelling. But the price was right and it beats hell out of a trailer.

      Delete
  3. You hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Mr. Bison, again we hear another of the constant rants against the middle class. Having read about three years worth of your posts over the last few months, I can say you have more in common with the communists and Nazis than you would like. All of you radicals hate the middle class. Not sure why. My theory is that you guys are jealous.

    You claim that we all depend on the police to protect ourselves. As a proud member of a household possessing over twenty guns, only three of them the automatics that you despise so much, I can say that your thinking is flawed. Also, the higher income that we middle class wage slaves allows us to buy more of the bolt actions and ammo you praise.

    Now, back to the jealousy. You claim the only way to survive is to store something like 15 tons of dried wheat in home depot buckets underground. In addition to this, you say we should stock up on bolt action rifles with about ten thousands rounds of ammo for protection, living on junk land that has a clear line of fire in all directions. While this has merits, what the hell do you expect to do all day when the apocalypse you prepare for comes? Sit around nibbling on a chunk of whole wheat bread twiddling your thumbs? I'd rather take my chances with the "starving damnyankee yuppie prepper cannibals". To be honest, some of your plans don't seem to make much sense, and your opinion of women is loathsome.

    To make matters worse, you believe in the crackpot doomer theory of peak oil. You claim that us oil production is dropping off, that it costs more to produce a barrel of oil. Congratulations, you have seen the effects of inflation. If the currency is devaluing, of course it's going to cost more to produce oil. In addition to this, the American oil companies are currently sitting on their oil deposits. This is not to starve the common people as you are probably currently thinking. This is instead to wait out the Arabs so that when the Muslims run out of oil, we can capitalize on it and have them depend on us.

    Thank you, and have a nice day going to your minimum wage job as you “coast through life squandering God given talents”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I didn't realize non renewable resources being used up was a crackpot theory. I bet you think we have a quabillion years left for uranium also ( we peaked in the 70's ). It isn't the cost as much as the lower returns on energy invested ( how many barrels to extract those barrels ). And how does it make sense the Arabs run out before us if we've been pumping longer? I thought I was talking about anti's, not middle class per se. Also, I don't think my attitude on bitches and ho's is bad.

      Delete
    2. Actually bro I ain't all that thrilled with your attitude about women either, and that is coming from a guy who had a first wife who tried to kill him twice.
      That said, mr yuppie anon up here is probably mistaken about him having three "automatics" as this would be prohibitively expensive and most likely means semi-automatics which is what you always harp on about. Always makes me wonder about someone who would make such a simple mistake. A real gun person never would.
      It doesn't take much research to see that peak resources, easy to acquire coal, oil, uranium, and metals is an actual fact. Get your head out of your ass anon, the oil companies are not saving fields for us. They would have tapped them when prices were really high to further line their pockets. Instead, the CEO's are retiring and moving their families to ranches in South America.
      And only someone who has never run with the dogs would say something stupid like how they would rather take their chances with the starving cannibals. (Not sure exactly WHAT you meant there, the whole statement really doesn't make sense, yuppie preppers won't be starving cannibals)
      Read up on some of Sarco's writings about what it was like for him. Or do what I did and sign up for the Marines and see it first hand.
      Whatever, doubt that logic will work here anyway. You are probably a troll. -SemperFido

      Delete
  6. Jim i read the story at the woodpile report, or most of it, its more like a fairy tale. First of i noticed no mention of hurricane katrina cops and national guardsmen went door to door to take guns not a single person defended their right to keep a gun. Not a single cop or guardsman refused to comply with an illegal order. The author says he loves cops and that they are of good morals and he suggests they would not participate in a gun ban. we know that is false.

    Cops are no different than the SS, they will follow orders. How is it the author is oblivious to the facts; cops work for the government, their job is to keep people inline and follow orders. If there order is to take your gun and kill you if you wont comply they will do it, and they will enjoy the chance to "gear-up" and kick in your door with there cool little black guns, in a sneak attack. And it will hardly make the news if your kids get gunned down in the process.

    Cops love violence, especially if it can be done in the guise of stopping violence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beside that cops have a house and car payments they cant afford, perhaps a wife needing liposuction and new tits. Times are tough, their job is to use force and threats of violence to generate money, they are the muscle for the crime boss in government. As long as they benefit from the proceeds they will go-along with any agenda.

    We see it time and time again, Waco, Ruby Ridge and a slew of others, hundreds of cops will converge on a scene with illegal orders and not a damn one of the bastards will speak-out to protect the people whom they took an oath to protect. Then they all participate in Murder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya Jim respects bitches and hos more than anybody i know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also jim is the only guy i know of, that dug a hole to keep his woman, now thats chilvary!

    Most guys wont give up their coat. But to labor diging through the rock hard clay, now thats a man that has provided.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea! Bpod isn't frozen solid (yet) happy to hear even more about the super-awesome-ness of lower living.. If you have a min that is..

    -DSM

    ReplyDelete