Wednesday, December 19, 2012

yagfa 1.1

YAGFA
Yet Another God-awful Fiction Attempt.  I might write this once, or a lot until I get a novella or novelette ( I certainly will NOT be trying a novel length piece anytime soon until I can practice enough that it isn’t too terrible ).  Let’s just not promise much and see what happens.  As usual, rated R for not trying to keep the cussing under control ( although I’m pretty Puritanical about explicit sex ).
*
YAGFA 1.1
I had a buddy in Germany send me a newsletter translation the other day, and it was amazing how the cultures differ.  Whereas once the US had a pretty good journalistic practice we are now churning out nothing but corporate PR puff pieces modeled after Entertainment Tonight ( celebrity “news” ).  We don’t have reporters anymore but official propaganda entertainers.  The profit line disallows any controversy about anyone helping to pay the bills ( to deftly sidestep the possibility of any conspiracy ).  So pap is served up, from Podunk, Idaho to Washington DC.  Germany seems to have retained its professional integrity, its pride in craftsmanship, and still seems to be able to think that a reporter actually reporting is actually a sellable product.  I don’t know about their TV, perhaps they too have bleach blonde bosomy bimbos cheerfully chatting about a “special interest” story about a man rescuing a trapped pet, going on and on about this event after given potentially life altering news from overseas no mention at all.  Somehow it seems they probably wouldn’t ( although, I think the Russians are on to something with topless female TV reporters.  I wouldn’t care WHAT she was saying as long as she kept talking in a mildly chilly room ).
*
The article was a report on German bankers acting in a perturbed manner, fearing EuroZone collapse, and their weird panic investments.  It didn’t seem done up in a Hollywood expose manner as would have appeared in our papers, which was one of my points.  My main point being that it seems to me it would have been strange for them NOT to be panicking in a briskly professional manner.  But of course, obvious in hindsight, the last thing we had to worry about was whether the Europeans were going to be bailed out a fifth or sixth or whatever time by the US central bank.  Once we got a bit too hands on over in Syria ( it would have been nice if things held off long enough to see if Obammy The Mutant would have been impeached over that whole thing but no such luck ) all hell broke loose.  Who would have thought, of all places?  Little crap-bag Syria.  Anyway, I of course have no idea what all we did to infuriate them.  I know we were sending missiles to one place and special forces to others but I never really kept too close an eye on it.  But I guess the finishing blow is always from an unexpected source.  Before you know it, Saudi Arabia’s main refinery is missile attacked ( rumor control/Internet scuttlebutt prior to grid down was convinced it was Syria.  So I’m reporting, but obviously unlike most reports I can’t give you a Gods-eye view ) and with over 10% of the globes conventional petroleum down ( not counting production of tar sands and frac oil and other “trash” fuel such as ethanol ) everyone instantly goes bat  shit. 
*
I guess it was revenge time, time to use the remaining oil on hand to best advantage, and any other reason to beggar thy neighbor quickly and to maximum effect.  I don’t know if I’m sucking in radioactive dust right now, but I assume nukes were used somewhere.  I do know that the US went damn Skippy quickly into riot mode.  For such a huge number of idiots that refused to believe that the oil would ever run out, they grasped the fact that the oil wasn’t coming in anymore and that we used a lot more of other peoples oil than our own ( I doubt they understood that most of the Saudi oil didn’t even get to us but was used by other nations.  But they sure understood on a primitive animal survival level that the end of heating oil and food was close by as the entire world trade apparatus was instantly shut down.  If they didn’t get it right away, the Iranian shut down of the Straights Of Hormuz sure helped convince them ).  I can’t think that most folks even knew that the strength of the dollar was tied to oil, and without oil flowing the dollar suddenly lost all global value.  Yet they knew it was time to run on down to the liquor store and Sam’s Warehouse food mart.  And it didn’t matter if their food stamps weren’t due for another week ( one wonders if the missile attackers knew of the “hunger times” prior to more food welfare coming in ).  They figured the store would take their IOU.  By force if needed.
*
The US FedGov could sure terrorize plane passengers ( in the name of combating terrorists.  Yuk, yuk ) by violating little old ladies and crippled children, but they couldn’t rebuild New Orleans or keep New Yorkers warm after a few extra inches of tidal surge.  You know they had zero chance of keeping nation wide riots under control ( the 60’s rioters got money payouts and a mandated middle class program to pacify them.  We had nothing to give them this time, and the fact their “brother” was in the White House and its prestige obviously wasn’t sufficient ).  I would have voted for massive bank failures, even Mayan Calendar endings.  Super volcanos, something dramatic.  Instead, The End was a bunch of hungry forth generation welfare recipients who  started taking prep supplies by force.  Then the Wiggers joined the fun, the Latino gangs fought back for their turf, White Boys got all militia and vigilante, and the whole precarious ball of wax started coming apart.  Cool.
END
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM.   It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side.  But I think I'm worth it.  My cut will be about $5.  That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance.  Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article.  You can purchase anything, not just the linked item.  Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire.  As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*
Improvised Munitions Book,  ( NOW FREE!!! Free, I tells ya! )
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted.  For the obtuse out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment