Wednesday, October 10, 2012

work til you die

WORK TIL YOU DIE
A minion included a link in his comment yesterday, a Zero Hedge article on how old bastards are getting screwed on their retirements and must continue to work. 
Frankly, I have a hard time generating much concern.  Those humps are today where I’ll be in a couple of decades, assuming I live that long and it is still a dystopian future rather than a full on collapse.  I’ve ALWAYS thought having a mortgage was the height of Pollyannaish stupidity, even way back when I was young and ignorant as the rest of the schmucks ( although, I did foolishly think a military skill translated over into the civilian sector.  And I never imagined that I’d be so viciously attacked by a wife.  I was mostly na├»ve, but at least not towards long term debt obligations ).  And while I can’t share with you the exact details or the timing of the future, I can bet the farm on the fact that crap is just going to get worse and worse.  So, my question to old bastards is, what have you been doing the last four years?  Are they trying to say that they had no warning?  Is their only defense “it’s always gotten better”?  That’s pretty weak, dudes.  And, in truth, they had near forty years of warning.  Club Of Rome, etc.  And hell, come to think of it, Malthus tried to warn us centuries ago.  No, their only excuse is, “we are too spoiled to think anything will change because we’ve always been pampered”.
*
Now, I don’t just hate old people who are ignorant and obtuse.  In that regard, age isn’t a factor.  Why do you think I hate Yuppies so much?  It isn’t envy, it is loathing for their idiocy.  I hate anybody who chooses to be stupid when they don’t have to be.  I’ll bet that these folks forced to work are simply no where near starving to death.  What they are facing is a reduction in a standard of living.  Their luxuries are in jeopardy.  Yes, yes, of course they view them as necessities, but even that is no excuse.  These are old humps, self proclaimed “greatest generation” who thinks their crap don’t stink and how they are the bestest and brightest.  Bitches, feel lucky you don’t have to wander off in a snow storm so you save the valuable resources for the young and the breeders.  Actually, that will come soon enough as you are marginalized and edged out by medical triage.  Obammy Care, it’s how to kill off the useless eaters.  And please, do us all a favor and try to retain a shred of dignity and don’t start whining about how you paid all your life into the system so you deserve to be pampered.  I’ve paid in for twenty five years, not thirty five like you, but I won’t see a dime so piss off.  And don’t you dare start moaning about having to eat out of cat food cans.  You all pulled that crap in the 80’s and Reagan jacked up my withholding so you could go play golf in Florida.
*
Plus, if anyone has the right to whine, it’s the young trying to work and feed their kids.  You old humps are taking jobs away from them.  And guess what.  This is the normal course of events in a slow collapse ( remember, I call for a waterfall collapse.  Very slow decline followed by a plunge into systematic collapse ).  Everyone starts fighting each other for disappearing resources.  Why do you think Obammy was (s)elected?  True, it was because he could be blackmailed ( do the banks bidding or be outed as a Kenyan Muslim ).  But also because he was someone we could all hate passionately.  When I scream shrilly about the bastard, I’m falling right into the hands of our handlers.  Our masters wish us to fight amongst ourselves and waste all our time blaming each other so they escape our wraith.  Controlling a mob usually works pretty well, up to a point when the guillotines are hauled out.  You and me are part of the mob.  You can waste all your energies hating old people if you are young, hating the young if you are old, hating others for having more or less money, but it is all useless energy.  The only thing you should be doing is escaping from the bankers grasp.   Any debt is a prison. 
*
When I implore thee to eliminate debt, I don’t mean to do it the bankers way.  You need to totally meltdown your credit rating.  Get out of debt legally, but don’t play games trying to keep in the good graces of the moneymen.  Do what it legally takes to be free.  If your ability to rent an apartment is contingent on a credit rating, them buy your junk land or buy an RV and just rent a space for it.  Live out of a car.  There is nothing holding you back other than your desire to stay living the soft life.  Tell me how that is going to work for you in the collapse.  Oh, it ain’t.  Gooey marshmallow people are one of the first casualties.   I hope he doesn’t mind me using him as an example, but our very own minion Vlad started over when most folks were retiring.  He’s all messed up now physically, but that’s just biology.  He got squared away while he could.  If you ain’t planning ahead for retirement in the new normal, you are setting yourself up for failure.  Even if you are sixty and the wife humps you over in a divorce, why can’t you start over ( this doesn’t apply to Vlad, we aren’t bestest enough buddies for me to have details )?  Buy a desert parcel of junk land ( low desert if you are afraid of being cold ).  Even if the company jacks your pension, you can live on a few hundred a month if you just make up your mind to live with ANY roof over your head, rather than a fancy expensive one.  It is just mindset, not wealth that you need.
END
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM.   It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side.  But I think I'm worth it.  My cut will be about $5.  That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance.  Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article.  You can purchase anything, not just the linked item.  Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire.  As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted.  For the obtuse out there.

 

7 comments:

  1. Spot on Brother James.
    The ones that burn my tail feathers the most are the old bats that say "Oh I am just doing this to have something to do." That really bites my arse. You are screwing a young person that can use some fake currency in their pocket, JUST because you're bored and want to sling fat patties at McCrapburger. I am glad I am going the old fashioned way, stay away from the doctors and just plan to check out at 60. Lets face it: What is better? 60 great years living semi-free or 50 great years with 35 tacked on battling ailments and bitchin' about your problems on a daily basis. Besides, this old earth just isn't equipped for old farts in any shape or form. It's good to learn from the old bastards, but there's a time to do them like the natives of this country did. Leave 'em sitting in the wilderness and pack up camp. Just one man's take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Bison Sir;

    You are most certainly preaching to trees because no-one wants to simplify their life to the point where good enough is the new normal. Like you and Kunstler are both writing about the need to start living the post-petroleum lifestyle now, before the hordes come to take the last of the gasoline/diesel, so that you have nothing to take. Everyone wants to willingly ignore geologic fact and continue the so-called "Happy Motoring" paradigm, because they hate the idea of living in the nineteenth century. My own kids constantly rail at me all the time now, how my lifestyle is keeping them in the 'dark ages' while so-called friends and associates have the latest electronic gadgets and toys, toys I've patiently explained were designed to break and be replaced on a regular manufacturers schedule thus making the consumer a slave to the manufacturer, an arrangement I'm unwilling to comply with. I sure hope you are going to write a article about how the youth of today, when they finally realize that the game has been permanently rigged against them, that they will turn on everyone, who doesn't deliver the goods double-quick and this savagery will be comparable to that of the Germanic Hordes sacking Rome at the fall of their empire. Keep keeping it real James!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our masters wish us to fight amongst ourselves and waste all our time blaming each other so they can escape our wraith...You can waste all your energies hating old people if you are young, hating the young if you are old, hating others for having more or less money, but it is all useless energy. The only thing you should be doing is escaping the bankers grasp. Any debt is a prison."

    Exactly! I was thinking almost the same - that when things get err...difficult, a scapegoat will be sought. The immigrants who "take our jobs". The women who work. The young, consumed with buying rubbish. And so on. The reality is that living within one's means is boring as shit...but somehow liberating. "Any debt is a prison" is more elegantly put. Perhaps in another age, you'd be a preacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, Glad you mentioned Vlad (what a great name, eh?), as I much enjoy hearing from him. He needs a website or blog as he has a lot to share. Vlad, are you reading this? Yes, I know it's a lot of work... but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that. Please share more wisdom Vlad.

      Delete
  5. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-10/forget-class-warfare-its-age-warfare-we-should-worry-about

    More ZH love, gots 5 pages of comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://vlad-unclevlad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete