Friday, September 21, 2012

herd of lemmings

HERD OF LEMMINGS
Today’s post is inspired by the comments section from yesterday’s article.  Why NOT being part of the herd conditioning is a good thing.  Whenever I bring up anything unpleasant, anything outside the norm of polite society, I always get plenty of comments which, while well mannered and nice, still state ( reading between the lines ) that I’m an uncouth bastard and if I were to shove my finger down my backside and scratch vigorously, followed by rifling through a platter of communal nachos, I would actually be showing an improved social graces skill set.  As Steve Martin would once say back when he had enough youthful energy to stay funny, Well EEEXXXCUUUUUSE ME!  You all stand around and pretend to remain civilized, exchanging jovial cocktail conversation, and I’m one of the few malcontents that will actually speak up, shouting in a shrill voice that amongst you all, one shall turn to cannibalism after the apocalypse.  And you all blame me!  I’m just the messenger here.  I don’t advocate rude and unacceptable anti-social behavior for survival, I’m just saying it is going to happen and if you ignore it you shall fall victim to it.  I’m sorry that most guru’s pretend that after the collapse your little group of holier than thou Jesus Freaks shall stand strong in unison and smite the forces of evil ( which, surprising, isn’t always limited to biker zombies but will include any other denomination which disagrees with them ).  And I’m sorry you fall for that line of reasoning.  They state that good breeding will ensure our continued proper behavior.  I say we will revert to the norm from before organized religion and it will be every tribe for itself.  I tell you what.  If you don’t like my bad attitude, just stop funding me through Amazon commissions ( oops, too late.  The month to date is a whopping $17 ) and perhaps I’ll shut up.
*
Remember that kick ass movie “Platoon”?  I’d rate it as the second best Vietnam movie ever ( of course, the champion will always be “Apocalypse Now” ).  You might enjoy reminiscing about Tom Beninger  or Charlie Sheens roles, but my favorite character was “Bunny”, the role by Kevin Dillion.  Why?  Because while everyone was wrapping themselves in the flag or staying stoned to maintain their sanity, Bunny just embraced the killing.  And he didn’t use no pussy ass Mattel Toy carbine.  He went with a shotgun ( probably so he could get close enough to see the mess he made with it ).  I can’t remember if he made it through the war, it’s been around twenty five years since I’ve watched it ( as a pirated movie over in Korea ).  But I remember cheering along with everyone else for Bunny.  Sure, we were in the military and so such behavior ( rooting for the psycho ) was forgiven and encouraged.  But why should that change just because we got out of the military?  As long as you remain in the respected boundaries ( our tribe good, their tribe sub-human ), why is there such widespread insistence on looking at killing as a bad thing?  It is part of human nature.  We are territorial and we are vicious against outsiders/invaders.  So here is my point.  All of you that refuse to see that, to see that in the near future ( if we are unlucky ) we will need to revert from a “Americans are my tribe” to  “these few select people are my tribe”, you will most likely die without a great deal of luck. 
*
Do you think the jack booted thugs think of you as part of their tribe?  Hell to the no.  Their peeps, their squad members, their LEO buddies are their tribe ( and in fact, such is the pointed tribal loyalty, if given a good chance of getting away with it, they would kill off their bosses, the Suits, as they are not viewed as really being part of the tribe-being politicians rather than warriors ).  That is their loyalty and everyone else is fair game.  They are ahead of the game against you.  Why do they act so poorly?  Those that are what we consider psychos gravitate towards the life of mandated killing.  Why are they considered “not right in the head”?  Because they want to kill.  But they are merely ones who have accepted that to kill is good, to kill is natural and that to kill is, let’s face it, a great stress relief.  All this reluctance to kill is not about the act itself, but the confusion on the legitimate target.  You are confusing the two.  The Bible, to get back to the earlier preferred post-apocalypse reader target audiences favorite mode of instruction, prohibits murder, not killing.  The difference is one of tribal affiliation. 
*
All of us squawking about the brutal Feds, about how they are baby killers and bastards, is really just us saying in effect that we are victims, helpless victims that don’t fight back.  They are warriors and we are villages waiting to be slaughtered.  All those pretty weapons we own are useless if we don’t use them.  Of course, to be fair, there is something to be said for waiting them out as we don’t stand a chance against them since the population is on their side.  But after a long enough time period that is just justification.  I guess we are waiting for what?  To be herded into a Warsaw ghetto before we fight back with the few weapons left us?  I’m not pointing fingers here, I’m as much a pussy as anyone.  But at least recognize that one day you’ll need to change your attitude and go postal.  Forget all the spin and propaganda about killing not being natural.  Drivel.  Pabulum for the unarmed.  Words to lull you to sleep. 
END
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to achieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM.   It turned out really nice- much nicer to read than online. It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side.  But I think I'm worth it.  My cut will be about $5.  That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance.  Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article.  You can purchase anything, not just the linked item.  Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire.  As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  Thank you.
*
Amazon "Frugal Survivalist" for those who can’t access the graphic links.
*
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted.  For the obtuse out there.

 

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the "keep to your own clan" thing. And I don't think you're uncouth. You are an original thinker who I respect. Nobody has a blog like yours. Or hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that preparing one's mind for the probability of taking a human life in the not too distant future is at least as important as being able to make 1 moa shots at 500 yds, which so many think is a vital skill. Probably more important, the more I think on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. old testament somewhere says if a man is coming to kill you, take your sword and kill him first.the 10 commandments original translation says thou shall not murder NOT THOU SHALL NOT KILL.
    serious cnversation with a rabi while in the service set me straight. and no your'e not uncouth. a little touched in the head maybe. but aren't we all? peace bro. delr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nom nom nom nom ... Brains.. Oops I mean

    brAaaIns (insert image of shuffling zombie with arms out, blood and grey-matter dripping from mouth-corner)

    Wait clan member zombie! Brains are good for tanning hides!

    Humor aside tho,...I think you posted awhile back a guest article about a small family with the father-figure going out and bringing home meat, when the mother-figure finally understands, she keeps right on eating. I rather hope this is the more likely outcome.

    Tho brains and wheat microwave flatbread recepie might be worth working on.

    -DIeselSnowMobile

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Bunny line: "Ain't nothing better than a piece of pussy. Except for maybe the Indy 500."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim,
    I look forward to your words of wisdom and wit every day.
    I concur that waaaay to many folks are enamored with the police and military. Little do they suspect that some time in the near future those same police and military will turn their guns on them.
    History does repeat itself, it’s just that too many folks are not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still take guest articles?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calm yourself, O Mighty Lord Bison! This just proves why we're hapless and clueless minions. Or, you've been infiltrated by yuppie scum who are pissed that they can no longer wash the semen stains off their plastic carbines.

    Seriously, you're dealing with both Normalcy Bias along with what I'll call Abnormalcy Bias, the notion that Bad Things will present themselves in small easy-to-digest pieces perpetrated by clearly designated Bad Guys.

    Example: everyone knows what to do about a gang trying to steal one's preps. But what if it's a woman all by herself? The hard, but right answer is to shoot her, of course. Too many folks don't want to even think about that.

    Keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunny buys it in the end, but I do love the part where he talks about telling the priest he enjoys being over there.

    CU

    ReplyDelete