Monday, July 30, 2012

voting for karma

VOTING FOR KARMA
I think I have finally figured out why the myth of voting and All American Red, White And Blue Democracy refuses to die.  And by myth, I mean the dream state in which the powerless and unimportant ( that means you and me ) actually have a say in how things are run.  You don’t necessarily have to buy into your vote counting, either.  You could subscribe to the related myth that The Powers That Be Have Hijacked The System And Stolen Our Vote.  In the first fantasy, you actually think They listen to your desires ( the state of California was able to pull this off with its Initiatives vote in which specific measures could be proposed by citizens and then voted on by them.  The illusion of control was wonderful ).  In the second, you know They don’t but think if only you replace one set of criminal overlords with another, someone will soon enough take heed to your wishes.  Americans, having been the descendants of a victorious colonizers ( when we started the strategic slaughter of buffalo to deny the plains Indians food, there were literally millions of the beasts.  We stopped when there were roughly a thousand left.  The Indians then submitted and begged for food or died.  Remember that for the coming Food Wars and Planned Famine ), have been so spoiled by the scrapes of victory that they think it is natural to share in the pie.
*
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to archieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM.  I haven't got a copy of it yet, but I'm thinking this thing will be better than sliced white bread.   It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side.  But I think I'm worth it.  Depending on how much the production company charges per copy, my cut will be about $5 to $6.  That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance.  Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
When there is a big enough pie ( and equally important, before the currency is debased ) the proletariat masses are allowed to share the wealth.  Prior to the second World War, we had a widespread working poor.  They were allowed to starve on marginal land or risk their lives in factories for pennies.  But the big difference between us and the rest of the world was that our home grown Powers That Be were smart enough or lucky enough to figure out if they gave immigrants the real opportunity to advance and a few to match their wealth, the masses would suffer gladly for that throw of the die.  Folks moved here not for a guarantee but the option to gamble to better their lives.  After the second World War, our global leadership in oil production allowed everyone to share the wealth.  For the first time, an entire nation was allowed luxury just for being born in the right place.
*
Today, the wealth is gone and for generations now as the pie has been shrinking the masses fight each other over the remaining wealth.  And in an environment where the resources are shrinking, it would be ludicrous to believe you could vote yourself an equal slice of pie.  Wealth is shrinking, so your share not only shrinks, you must also fight others for ANY wealth at all.  You might not be getting any of that pie.  Voting no longer matters.  The powers that be, grasping at the same shrinking pie, must appropriate all the wealth to stay in position of power.  Voting is just part of the circus that keeps us entertained and occupied.  Which is why I’d wager the moniker “occupy” Wall Street was a sick joke by the financiers of that movement.  They were having fun, as the protesters were hence occupied with a false activity to keep them out of trouble.  Anyway, to my point, if you believe voting actually counts, you’ve convinced yourself that you matter, that you are valuable.  At the very least, you reason, the Democrats will solicit my vote to stay in power, hence I’ll get or keep my welfare check coming in.   
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article.  Or, visit
http://bisonpress.com/affiliatebooks.html
You can purchase anything, not just the linked item.  Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire.  As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  Thank you.
*
But if voting doesn’t count, if you buy into this realization, then you have an unpleasant discovery.  You realize you are then surplus population, oxygen wasters.  You are expendable.  You can be killed off by design or by neglect and nothing will change.  Of course you want to believe this can’t possibly be the case!  Good luck continuing to drink this Kool-Aid.  For another example of screwing the “needy”, read below.
*
I am recharged man after my vacation.  Not just because I enjoy visiting, and because I got to see my son off ( I certainly did enjoy that ), but because I have a renewed faith in karma, hallelujah, and praise Baby Jesus my bestest buddy.  I had to wait eighteen years but karma has finally bite my ex wife in the ass as she so richly deserved.  Which was my fault- I always prayed that she be rewarded for her evil, but not until the kids were out of the house ( I just found out my son had been living with a friend the last eight months as the ex kept taking my money ).  And right on cue, many and varied bad fortunes fell on her!!!!  I’m so happy I could squirt milk from my nipples right now!  Two months ago, she lost her pilot job ( remember, the one I supported her through school to get so she could divorce me and live with a fellow student pilot ) due to her in-laws turning her in to social services for leaving her third child at home alone ( not mine, the first two kids were ).  Then, last month my child support payments stopped ( financial strike two ).  Sometime this month, child number three has her Social Security Disability checks discontinued ( another husband who the ex killed off by inducing the last fatal heart attack to had his SS check transferred to the child on his death as he had adopted her ).  I have few details on that so I don’t know if this is normal or it should have been six more years until the kid was 18.  But it is still financial blow #3.  Then, if that wasn’t enough financial torment to the bitch that took more of my money than Uncle Sam, even as her wages were three times mine, she just lost her job last week ( the one that had replaced the pilot gig ).  And let me tell you, jobs in that part of the country are damn hard to find.  It couldn’t have happened to a nicer woman.  Suffer, bitch!
*
Not that I’m bitter. 
END
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted.  For the obtuse out there.
 

7 comments:

  1. James;

    I'm very happy for you in regards to the misfortune that has befallen upon your former spouse. I'm happy that another evil wealth-destroyer has been put into her place, and one can only heap upon this crestfallen situation the wish of bad health to add to the misery that she is suffering for her crimes against humanity! Now only if you could recover just a percentage of what she stole from you, then you could truly rejoice in celebration.

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become very afraid. Congrats on the karma strike on Hell's Handmaiden. But I'm afraid you doomed us all...

    Still, it does feel good, ehh Jimmy?

    Jimmy, you did warn the son of the perils of married life, right?

    RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jim! I sincerely admire those who can turn the other cheek - but I'm not one of them either.

    If there were an olympic discipline in "holding a grudge"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, karma is indeed a pitiless bitch. And revenge is a dish best savored cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only thing I know is that not only will the S hit TF, because you prediucted it would happen when the last child support check from you is out, but as other bad omens accumulate, it will be a terrifying shitstorm !!!

    Bison, the reverse thermometer of doom !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this looks like a cosmic settling of accounts.

    However, is not part of the Mayan prophecy, that the Great Dakm, God of the High Desert, defeating the witch godess, Nrgl (the Greeks would call her Hecate) the second to last sign that doom is on us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats it . . . embrace the Hate 8^). Though I can understand being more than a little pleased when someone who jumps through hoops to make you miserable gets a little karma back.

    ReplyDelete