Tuesday, June 12, 2012

investing

INVESTMENT
Today’s assignment is to go over yonder and read this:
Even if this new blog never takes off, just this one article is invaluably and should assure its author a ticket into heaven.  $420 for a tax sale lot in Texas, in an area that has plenty of used trailers for sale cheap ( one bad effect of a somewhat booming economy [ in the new normal, “only” 8% unemployment is booming.  In ObammyLand the national rate might claim to be this but I’ve yet to see an area except perhaps North Dakota under it ] is that locally every swinging dingus thinks his used hunk of crap trailer is worth thousands of dollars.  I can’t find any cheap used trailers anymore, which is half the junk land living equation ).  Now, I don’t necessarily advocate living in Texas.  I tried for six months and I couldn’t get the hang of the local culture.  Not as bad as trying Louisiana, where I got right back on the bus and left, the vibe was so bad, but still an area I would advise trying out before you decide to move there ( it might just be east Texas that was weird, I don’t know ).  But there are much worse places.  At least in Texas there is almost zero zoning hassles outside of the city limits.  With the above article you’ve got the inside scoop in the state property tax sales.
*
NEW Bison Blog CD For Sale
I've got an actual professional to archieve and format all the old blog on a CD-ROM.  I haven't got a copy of it yet, but I'm thinking this thing will be better than sliced white bread.   It does cost $10 plus shipping, figure another $4 or so, which might be a bit on the higher side.  But I think I'm worth it.  Depending on how much the production company charges per copy, my cut will be about $5 to $6.  That isn't too much to ask for over five years of work and nearly two million words of pure brilliance.  Here is the link to order:
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX00KX7Z1I
*
Buying junk land, with a paid for shelter, is one of the smartest investments you can ever make.  I don’t know if you’ve ever had any close calls with unemployment or homelessness, but it ain’t much fun.  This is simply homelessness insurance.  But it is also much more.  Look around you at the economy.  It sucks elongated donkey members.  And that’s on a good day.  Crap is scary as hell out there, and will get worse.  So what are you going to invest in to soft land your future?  College?  Don’t make me laugh until I crap blood!  The economy is contracting, dumbass.  No old school investment is viable anymore.  If you have savings in electronic form, it is subject to instant wipe.  Any money you have in a checking account, a 401k, anything the bankers “safe keep” for you can be gone in a nanosecond.  Keeping cash isn’t much safer.  When the FedGov allows the central bank to “quantitative ease” five to ten trillion bucks at a pop, you can bet your last donut that inflation is baked into the cake.  College is not job training because those jobs are contracting.  College training is merely debt.  And debt is now evil in any form.  You want to become a serf before you need to?  You simple hump.
*
So, if paper money inflates by at least one percent a month, and that is just a warm up, how about gold or silver?  All well and good, but mainly as a transfer of wealth to your descendants.  Not too great for day to day savings because nowadays the whores have rigged the game and it can be down a significant amount without notice.  It isn’t easily traded back and forth.  Storage food, ammo, of course that is all well and good.  But it is survival insurance.  It isn’t a place to park surplus wealth.  What you want is something that holds its value so you can pay your bills five or ten years from now.  In five or ten years from now the unemployment situation is going to be much worse, so you definitely need a viable strategy for savings least you be totally screwed as inflation cuts the dollar off at the knees.  This is where your current “investment in no bills” comes in.  A thirty year mortgage on a farm is not an investment.  It is, again, simply debt.  Even if you are self sufficient in food on the land, your job is not assured and you will lose the land to the bank.  Junk land isn’t perfect for farming, at best it will allow gardening, but it is a form of investing you can do right now and is Better Than Nothing if the collapse doesn’t conform to your schedule.  After junk land, then try to invest in food production.  Otherwise, lots of wheat storage.  But it is more than land and shelter.  You need to invest in no transportation bills ( well, there will always be some cost, but a hundred dollar bike is more viable than a thousand dollar scooter ).  If you are too far away to bike, think about moving closer to your work.  I paid six grand for a lot to be closer to town and water, and I felt like I got a good deal.  That’s only four years of operating a debt free motor vehicle. 
*
Please support Bison by buying through the Amazon graphics above and to the right of each article.  Or, visit
http://bisonpress.com/affiliatebooks.html
You can purchase anything, not just the linked item.  Enter Amazon through my item link and then go to whatever other item you desire.  As long as you don’t leave Amazon until after the order is placed, I get credit for your purchase.  Thank you.
*
Even the smallest cost savings add up.  By buying a rooftop TV antenna you start saving money the first month compared to cable.  You still have to watch commercials, so why pay extra for the privilege?  Look, this is old hat here.  We’ve covered all this before.  This is just a reminder how easy and cheap it is to become much more free, and greatly reduce your dependence on a paycheck.  Seriously, you can’t cough up $400 with a bit of determination?  Even if you had to live in your car for a month, the reward would be a lifetime forever more without a mortgage or rent.  Even if the wife won’t go for it, you can get it now and hold it if needed.  I know you’ve spend more on your plastic poodle shooter.  Start thinking of how to invest in not needing money.  A few solar panels, some rain barrels, a septic and you are free of the grid.  Junk land, free of the bank.  Bikes free you from Detroit and doctors visits.  You aren’t investing right now, you are just paying bills.  Invest now before you have fewer options.
END
*
My books available at
*
By the by, all my writing is copyrighted.  For the obtuse out there.
 

13 comments:

  1. Your link had a pretty good post. I would take issue with only one thing. Forget the 'travel trailer'. They are fragile as hell and readily fall apart when they get some age on them.

    An old school bus is the best 'instant cabin'. They are strong and can be made into whatever floor-plan you want. You can store full 55 gallon barrels of water in them with no problem. A wood burning stove is easy to install in them (remove the fuel tank first!) and the roof won't leak in a hundred years. I could name a million more reasons why they are superior for survival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIKE???@ 64 and a busted leg set crooked years ago,I have one but needless to say it is ridden very little. Started back in the late seventies keeping tabs onna bitch-wife, while slowly acquiring land as she acquired more boyfriends..Came a day I gave her to one of her boyfriends(after all they was just friends according to her)and I kept the land..Land/guns/coupla cows/lotsa hand tools and a new wife who can keep 'er drawers up away from home:-)
    Feel sorry for all of you starting late, but as Jim says ya'll better wakeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In accordance with my reciprocity rule about joining followers lists, I cordially invite you to come on over to my blog and join my friends list.After you join you will receive an official welcome and your blog will be linked once yet again. I don't advertise or solicit donations. thank you for your support the rat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been commenting here in a while but I seen that yesterday the Mohave Rat Bastard was wondering where everybody was.

    Then today he instructs you, Lord Bison, that he has a "reciprocity rule" and that you will need to "friend" him and then "...your blog will be linked once again". Just think of that! Now, I know that you have been going full throttle at this for over a decade, with thousands of daily posts, and millions of words, but this is the Mohave Rat Bastard himself offering to 'link' you!! Don't turn such an opportunity down.

    Sarcasm now off:/ I used to love bantering with the Rat (Bastard) on this comment forum, but he always wanted to 'up the ante', and I always obliged. It devolved into chaos and then into frothing-at-the-mouth replies. Those were the days! But, alas, some of have to work ~/SARCASM BACK ON/~ and some of us get to cash a goverment check every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I am not going to allow some little malcontent goad me into yet another exchange. I don't remember you. oh, wait your that anonymous. yawn! May I suggest you find something to make you happy and concentrate on it for a change.

      wishing you nothing but the best, the rat

      Delete
  5. MR Hater-well, I love the Mohave Rat, so just to be contrary after your comment I had to go and join his Friends List. I'm thinking you and MR don't play well together, and that's cool. Some folks just rub you raw. But we've never had a problem and can slam each others dumbass opinions without friction, apparantly. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim,

    I got to thinking after I posted my response to malcontent, I extended an invitation, not an ultimatum. I have advertised your blog on mine several times and have referred to Bison blog on many occasions. You helped me start my little blog, I haven't forgotten that and I am grateful.I am way to old for all this psycho b.s. sorry for causing this disruption. the rat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not eveyplace will let you park your travel trailer any old place you want. Lack of water and septic can also be an issue. You can call it Big Brother, but I suspect most people wouldn't be too happy to see some Gypsies move into a half lot down the street and start crapping in the bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things can get a wee bit heated here at times- just try not to take it seriously. I try to be a bit creative with my cussing just to take the sting out of it a little. I too hate seeing a female shouting out "fuck" or whatnot. No class. With guys, as long as they attempt to moderate it in the company of fems and kids, it is a double standard and allowed. As far as laws on septic, sure, it serves a valid purpose of public health. It is also used as a budgen against the poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you nothing but the very best, but everytime I come here I get cussed at or called names and it was old in 2011 at the Bison blog. I don't know how you manage to attract these psychos but I have had enough. good luck with everything you do in the future. I have tried to be your friend. the rat

      Delete
  9. It is very creative article for investor.With the above article you’ve got the inside scoop in the state property .

    farmland as an investment

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I suggest you find something to make you happy and concentrate on it for a change.

    investing in farmland

    ReplyDelete