Wednesday, May 2, 2012

crap-another change?

We are going to a once a week publishing from here on.  Okay, I am.  There is no mouse in my pocket.  My writing has gone from a labor of love and a stress reliever to mainly just another source of stress.  I’m no longer “feeling it”.  Of course, it might be that I didn’t enjoy the writing itself as much as the subject matter- survivalism.  Once I stopped the Bison Survival Blog, there went my main source of interest.  Of course, I had also burned myself out on the subject so I think it was a bit of a Catch-22.  I don’t want to lose my Loyal Minions and I think I can still pull something interesting out of my butt once a week.  I’ll publish on Wednesday, that being a slow Doomer day on the Blogsphere.  The rest of this week I’ll be posting some material from my web site Bison Press.  I’m letting it expire and don’t want to lose some stuff.  The web site was mainly for revenue enhancement and frankly I’m tired of caring if I make much cash from this anymore.  And it cost $120 a year to maintain- so out it goes.  I couldn’t get the blog to turn into a book.  I think some of the files are corrupted and I don’t know if I’ll ever have the energy to go copy and paste almost 500 articles.  For now, the blog stays up ( http://www.bisonsurvivalblog.blogspot.com/ ). 
*
I’m not sure if I’ll take this vacation, then find another writing project, or what.  I need to rekindle a passion for something.  Otherwise, life just bites my ass as I waste oxygen and wait for the collapse.  Until next Wednesday, and thanks in advance to those that stay loyal.

16 comments:

  1. Well, I will miss your daily articles Jim, but to be honest, I was always surprised that you were able to crank out such a decent article day after day, considering the limited time that you you had with internet access and travel to and from work? That's a rare writing talent to be sure.

    Hopefully the spark will return and you will be back to semi-fulltime status sometime in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with whatever you do. I did not always agree with you, but you were always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. take a break.. we all need one now and then/..

    ReplyDelete
  4. take a break

    go fishing, hiking, whatever for a while

    think about things radomly

    then go back and write about whatever

    works for me

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ol' Remus puts out some pretty high quality writing at the Woodpile Report and he only post once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've earned a break, Jim. Re-charge your batteries. At once a week, you're still better than most, in the "doom-o-sphere".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you just need some time to rest your noggin, Lord Bison. I'm sure you won't be able to stop writing for long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord Bison, your true minions will offer up sacrices daily in your honor. It was a great run, thanks for not pulling a Brett Favre on us and understanding when it is time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. still be here when you get back. peace bro. get some rest and take care. delr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer...Oil well...when it's depleted, there just is no more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sir, go enjoy yourself for a while, we will be here when you return. there are few blogs like yours out there, and we appreciate whatever we can get.
    Random Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ll miss your daily tirades but I can see your point. Sometimes you just get burned out and need a break or try something new. Good luck in whatever you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black Cat Dude- Do you mean a best selling author that hugs trees? I don't see a bestseller in my calender and while I like trees there is only schrubs in Nevada. If I go with writting books, I'd like to try fiction. You can be one of the first to roast me over it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. James,

    Try websnake. It will copy from most any website the entire contents to your local pc

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all you've written. Keep going at the pace that feels right.

    Nine Angler

    ReplyDelete