Saturday, March 31, 2012

guest article

GUEST ARTICLE

Cash For Trash

By Madd Mexx

I try to walk my neighborhood on trash days. I am amazed at the things Americans throw out in the trash.

So far I’ve picked up three chairs which were probably from a set of four, a patio chair that was missing one of the leg stoppers or whatever you call them. It’s in my computer room now. I

I’ve picked up two large plastic containers, two coolers that just needed cleaning, a mop still in its wrapper a stock pot and even my wife has gotten into the act. She couldn’t wait for me to get home so she lugged a camping cot home.

We’ve landscaped our home with shrubs folks put by the curb.

Yesterday I missed out on a table saw which just probably needed a motor but I was in a hurry to get to my daughter’s and someone else lucked out on that one.

Off the highway, I’ve picked a couple of the containers with hinged lids, a lunch cooler, a large city trash can and a two wheeled dolly.

Some items I keep; others I’ll try and sale in a yard sale and the rest I’ll donate to the Salvation Army or Goodwill.

So, if you are able, walk around your neighborhood on trash day or the day before. You might also get a pleasant surprise.


Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking.- Niccolo Machiavelli

No comments:

Post a Comment